Parkland Health and Hospital System (www.parklandcareers.com)
Full Time Employee
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Responsible for performing psychosocial screenings and assessments and implementing the psychosocial plan of care for psychiatric and/or chemical dependent patients to ensure the patient has sufficient resources and support services.
- Must have a Master's Degree in Social Work
- Prefer three to five years of experience in a Behavioral Health/Chemical Dependency setting
- Must be licensed by the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners.
- Must have SAMA certification, level 1-4 or obtain within 30 days of hire or placement into the job. Must have SAMA certification before first clinical orientation shift.
- Prefer Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a diverse population of patients, medical and nursing staff and community agencies both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of community agencies and services available for the special needs of assigned patients.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and counseling skills.
- Must demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
Scope of Practice:
- Provides care for assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Social Work Practice Act, Occupations Code, Chapter 505, to include the application of social work theory, knowledge, methods, ethics, and the professional use of self to restore or enhance social, psychosocial, or bio-psychosocial functioning of individuals, couples, families, groups and/or persons who are adversely affected by social or psychosocial stress or health impairment.
- Applies specialized clinical knowledge and advanced clinical skills in the areas of assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of mental, emotional and behavioral disorders, conditions and addictions, including severe mental illness, in adults and serious emotional disturbances in children.
- Utilizes Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), the International Classification of Diseases (ICD), and other diagnostic classification systems in assessment, diagnosis, and other activities.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.Inpatient Psychiatry
To apply for this job, contact: