M C Dean Inc. (www.mcdean.com)
Full Time Employee
M.C. Dean, Inc. is the nation’s premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm for complex, mission-critical organizations. M.C. Dean’s capabilities include electrical, electronic security, telecommunications, life-safety, instrumentation and control, and command and control systems. M.C. Dean, Inc. serves a diverse group of markets including Fortune 1000 corporations; universities; high tech and biotech firms; Federal; state, and local government clients; and other organizations with large scale, complex, and mission-critical infrastructure needs. Established in 1949, M.C. Dean, Inc. has earned a reputation as an innovator and pioneer. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, M.C. Dean, Inc. employs more than 2,500 professionals in offices throughout the Eastern United States, Europe and the Middle East.
M.C. Dean, Inc. offers an excellent benefits package including a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
For more information about our company, you can visit www.mcdean.com.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A Telecommunications Technician is responsible for planning, layout and complete installation of new commercial and retrofit commercial communications equipment and systems in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes and industry standards. RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Installation of video and data cable with Cat 6A as well as fiber cable.
2. Terminating and testing of horizontal copper (Cat 6A).
3. Termination of fiber.
4. Termination of riser cable.
5. Installation of patch panels.
6. Label and test horizontal cable.
7. Installation of backbone and riser cable (copper & fiber).
8. Installation of interior conduit, Panduit and Wiremold.
9. Read and understand plans and specifications.
10. Installation of plywood and racks.
11. Installation of cable trays in TC, MDF, IDF.
12. Mentor apprentices.
13. Assist in OSP (outside plant) installations.
14. Pulling cable 100 pair or smaller unassisted.
15. Installing prefab assembly unassisted.
16. Assisting in Site Grounding.
17. Assisting in Pulling Low Voltage Cable.
18. Assisting in pulling all size of Telecom Cables.
19. Participating in Job site cleanup.
20. Maintaining clean work area.
21. Installing Wiremold, Sleeves, Panduit and ENT.
22. Installing pull and junction boxes up to 24” x 24”.
23. Assisting with Tugger setup and use for large wire and long pulls (Pulley Wheels, Capstans wheel, Chains, etc. To operate a Tugger requires certification).
24. Assisting with calculating wire load and conduit sizing layout.
25. Assisting with Exterior underground layout.
26. Assisting with interior overhead and under floor raceways layouts for telecom.
27. Assisting with grounding grid under slab.
28. Assisting with grounding ring exterior.
29. Assisting with splicing crimp tools and installation of Mechanical Lugs.
30. Assisting with building grounding.
31. Assisting with grounding service entry equip.
32. Assisting with bonding all metallic portions.
33. Assisting with structural cold water grounding.
34. Performing an Operational Risk Management Briefing for any task mastered to date.
35. Generating or adding to an Activity Hazard Analysis for any task mastered.
36. Contributing to the Risk Register for any defined feature of work mastered.
37. Troubleshoot and fix Cat 6A cable problems.
38. Terminate various manufacturers of copper termination blocks.
39. Knowledge of all fiber termination connectors.
40. Knowledge of all makes of fiber optics cable.
- Prior experience in electrical work, familiarity with the Fluke DTX-1800, experience with closet build-out, as well as Cat6, Cat6A and fiber optic termination, interpret and maintain blue prints and as-builts, and test, troubleshoot, repair copper and fiber optic cabling.
- Able to speak, write, multi task, stay organized, have a strong work ethic, and keep a positive attitude.Required Skills: See Job Description
To apply for this job, contact: