AECOM / JT3 (www.jt3.com)
Full Time Employee
JOB SUMMARY - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
Responsible for daily operations and maintenance of several Central Office (CO) Switches and Private Automatic Branch Exchanges (PABX), VoiP/SIP platforms, and supporting LAN/WAN networks, utilizing Unix, Linux, and Windows Operating Systems. Possess intermediate knowledge of network systems with emphasis on fixed telephony. Apply concepts, principles and practices of engineering and analysis. Solve problems utilizing data throughout studies to isolate and resolve network anomalies. Sustains complex IP based infrastructure utilizing the latest performance and optimization tools and integrate a converged cyber based enterprise. Verify, test and turn-up new service utilizing complex precision measurement devices, validate alarms, and identify corrective actions to establish service as required. Maintain and operate Telco Office in a stand-alone or network configuration. perform site surveys and quality control inspections. Maintain in depth configuration management database. Performs scheduled software back-ups, and develops emergency recovery procedures to ensure the stability and availability of all network database activities. Collaborates with equipment vendors, and other telephony team members, and maintains external relationships as appropriate. Prepares reports, correspondence, technical studies, and presentations to assist with engineering design review. Performs other position related tasks as assigned or requested. Must qualify for and maintain a Security Clearance and possess a current issued driver's license.
- Conducts research and reference reading to assist higher-level engineers in obtaining technical information and keeps informed of currently approved standards, codes, and procedures applied to engineering specialty.
- Performs fundamental engineering tasks requiring standard techniques, such as tolerance studies and design calculations.
- Plans and carries out successive engineering steps and resolves technical problems by standard practices and techniques.
- Supports projects with limited scope or parts of more complex projects with detailed instructions on the intent and scope of the documents to be prepared
- Studies currently approved standards, codes, and procedures applied to the engineering specialty.
- Assists in preparation of reports, correspondence or technical studies.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to their job.
This position involves work typical of an office environment with no unusual hazards. There is occasional lifting (up to 20 pounds), constant sitting and use of a computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while writing, reviewing, and editing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, and constant mental alertness. Routine travel to remote Company work locations may be required.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Associates Degree in Engineering or formal academic/vocational training or military equivalent and 4 or more years of technical/professional experience in the specialty field. Must have a professional knowledge of applicable engineering concepts and principles, and a familiarity with related engineering fields. Must have a practical knowledge of test methods and practices sufficient to perform relatively routine engineering procedures and to prepare or make minor modifications of standard test procedures or test equipment work instructions. Must qualify for and maintain a Security Clearance and possess a current state issued driver's license.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of persons so classified.
To apply for this job, contact: