General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Full Time Contractor
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
Responsible for the design, development, implementation, and/or integration of a DOD IA architecture, system, or system component for use within CE (computing environment), NE (network environment), and/or enclave environments. Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
* Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
* Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
* Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
* Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
* Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
* Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
* Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
* Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
* Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
* Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
5-8 years of related systems engineering experience and in data security administration
The system security engineers should have a minimum of five years’ experience in performing information assurance and security engineering in the process control industry and a minimum of five years in performing information assurance and security engineering in the information technology industry for systems or networks.This experience can be concurrent or through separate work activities with previous employers. Knowledge of the DIACAP process, DoD IA policies, and networthiness program is required under this contract. The Contractor shall provide security engineering for the Army meter data management system applications, control servers, network devices, operating systems, interfaces and communications protocols within the scope of the system security boundary. The security engineering effort shall include identification, development, and implementation of the Information Assurance (IA) Controls, to include technical, procedural, and documentation requirements as described in DoD and Army requirements and guidelines. The SSE is responsible for the design, development, implementation, and/or integration of a DOD IA architecture, system, or system component for use within CE (computing environment), NE (network environment), and/or enclave environments in support of higher ranking IA professionals. Must meet the Department of Defense Directive (DoDD) 8570.01 “Information Assurance Training, Certification, and Workforce Management” and DoD 8570-M “Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program” requirements.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
To apply for this job, contact: