Full Time Employee Contractor
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in the Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions group. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Network Engineer to join our Cyber Range Services team in the Stafford, VA area to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Interface with customers to collect and clarify requirements
• Manage network communications testing, installation, and support, including LAN/MAN/WAN system
• Mentor and provide guidance to other networking team members
• Create and implement router and switch configurations
• Identify and diagnose problems affecting network performance using software and hardware tools
• Provide recommendations to enhance and improve network performance
• Troubleshoot network systems as needed
• Perform a broad spectrum of system engineering design, integration, and implementation tasks and activities, including personnel, hardware, software, budget, facilities, and/or equipment
• Interface with vendors to address problem escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance
• Provide routing network facility test and analysis, including power, software, communications, machinery, lines, modems, and terminals
• Provide quality assurance review and evaluation of new and existing networking products
• Evaluates, designs, documents, installs, implements, tests, performs problem isolation and resolution, monitors, tunes, and sets standards.
• Maintain a complex range of computer network components and systems.
• Provides client consulting and training on the interfacing and use of the network facilities.
• Plans and coordinates major computer network initiatives.
• Researches, evaluates, and recommends new computer network equipment and technologies.
• Utilizes monitoring, performance analysis, network management, software and hardware equipment to trouble shoot and isolate problems, gauge network performance, and trace data and protocol activity.
• Devises solutions to complex operational problems within the capacity and operational limitations of installed equipment.
• Develops and executes contingency plans for network software and hardware failures including isolated and major outages.
• Provides internal consulting, technical guidance, information and support to application developers, computer operations, workstation support, company management and departmental clients. Assists in internal training programs.
Requires Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field), and ten to twelve years of related experience or equivalent.
• Active DoD Top Secret SCI clearance
• Cisco CCNP (R&S or Data Center) certification
• Experience with MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio
• Experience architecting, designing, implementing, and maintaining complex network infrastructures
Other Skills Preferred:
Cisco CCIE (R&S or Data Center) certification
• Experience with Routers: Cisco ASR, 2900, CSR1000v; Juniper MX-5; Brocade NetIron; VyOS/Vyatta and/or Quagga
• Experience with Switches: Cisco 6500, 4500, 3800, 3700, 3600, 3130; Juniper EX-4200; Brocade ICX; Dell 8024; VMware Standard and Distributed vSwitch
• Experience with Firewalls / Encryptors: Cisco ASA; Sourcefire; Imperva Secure Sphere; Palo ALto 5000; McAfee NGFW; Juniper SRX and SG; Fortinet FortiGate; PfSense; KG-175D
• Knowledge of and experience with Layer 2 Technologies: STP, VLANs, PVLANs
• Knowledge of and experience with Layer 3 Technologies: Routing protocols (EIGRP, ISIS, OSPF, RIPv2, BGP)
• Knowledge of and experience with First Hop Redundancy Protocols (FHRP): HSRP, VRRP, and GLBP
• Knowledge of and experience with VPN technologies: MPLS (Layer 2 & 3), GRE, IPSEC
• Knowledge of and experience with Data Center technologies: Fabricpath, VDC, vPC, OTV, vxLAN, Nexus 7k, 5k, 2k, 1000v; B22-Dell; Fabric interconnects (6200UP), MDS (9000), UCS B & C Series; VMware NSX
• Knowledge of and experience with Storage technologies and capabilities: FC, FCoE, VSANs, WWNN, WWPN
• DOD TS/SCI Clearance
To apply for this job, contact: