Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2016 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Photonics Engineer – Advanced Radio Systems (ARS) to join our team in Columbia, MD. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The Advanced Radio Systems (ARS) section of the Advanced Technology Center has an opening for an RF photonics engineer in our Columbia, Maryland office. ARS is responsible for developing beyond the state-of-the-art advanced radio systems and optical technologies for RCI’s future military/commercial communication and navigation radio systems.
The ideal candidate will have working experience the theory, application, design, and implementation of RF photonic systems. The candidate should be familiar with;
• RF Photonic system theory
• Photonic components designed to operate at >10GHz
• Design and assembly of complex photonic systems
• Test techniques for systems that span both RF and optical domains
Additional experience with the following is desirable;
• Integrated opto-electronic devices
• Design, Assembly and Characterization of Optical Fiber based components and sub-systems
• Evaluation of pulsed laser systems
• Software user interfaces for system control, test, and data interpretation
The successful applicant will work with the Rockwell Collins Photonics Systems group to;
• Design, build, and demonstrate RF Photonic systems needed to execute US Government research and development contracts
• Write reports detailing test results to stakeholders, including government sponsors
• Perform forward looking company sponsored research and development projects
• Contribute to proposal efforts
• Have a Bachelor's or higher degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
• Be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. US Citizenship is required.
• Have excellent written and oral communication abilities, along with confident presentation skills
• Work well in a group environment to include engineers, technicians, and support personnel
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
? Medical, dental, and vision insurance
? Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
? Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
? Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
? An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
? Tuition reimbursement
? And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Organization:** **Advanced Radio Systems*
**Title:** *Senior Photonics Engineer - Advanced Radio Systems (ARS)*
**Requisition ID:** *SYS000000VJ*
To apply for this job, contact: