Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
**Qualifications:** The ideal candidate should possess:
• Five (5) or more years of project management experience.
• Ability to investigate and translate complex processes into work structures for action.
• Proven communication skills with piers and executive management
• Experience with team leadership, implementation, installation and client relationships.
• Three to five (3-5) years document requirements writing ability.
• Proficient with Microsoft Project, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word (MS Office suite of software).
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work well with others in a matrix organization and successfully coordinate with and support internal and external customers.
• Ability to communicate effectively and display viable problem solving skills.
• Experience using Google Apps for business, MS Project, SharePoint, and other project management software tools.
• Advanced knowledge of business practices, spreadsheet manipulation and information systems. Project/Program formal training a plus.
Education or Certification Requirements:
• BA or BS in the field Information Technology, Information Management or related field (years of experience and/or documented success will be considered).
• PMP certification a plus.
**Job #:** 16818BR
**Country:** United States
**FT/PT:** Full Time
**Job Description:** At Rockwell Collins IMS (formerly ARINC), it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins IMS as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Rockwell Collins IMS and help shape our future while creating yours.
Rockwell Collins Technology Services & Operations Business Unit is seeking a Manager, Critical IT Projects to manage large strategic IT projects associated with the ongoing enterprise wide backoffice applications and operations. Examples of projects include, but are not limited to: new application migration, Infrastructure implementation, and technology-based policy changes.
The Manager, Critical IT Projects will:
• Lead a team of 3 Implementation Managers responsible for supporting the backoffice PMO in test, cutover, and project analysis activities.
• Manage the scope, schedule and budget associated with critical new infrastructure or application implementation projects. Responsibilities include documentation of requirements, management of design, account management of internal customers, oversight of implementation and delivery.
• Participate in the design and delivery of services implementations.
• Work with internal teams on cost estimates.
• Manage across all functions to develop, test and implement new solutions.
• Negotiate and manage third party/vendor agreements when needed.
• Adhere to all Rockwell Collins-specific PM policies as well as follow generally accepted PMI project principals in the management and technical support of network, desktop, security, and applications-based projects.
• Manage the project financials for the project including financial management of subcontractors.
• Act as Project Lead and/or liaison between customers, other team members and subcontractors.
We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At Rockwell Collins IMS, we encourage career development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth and variety in your work. And that’s just for starters. Day one kicks off with a competitive benefit package of plans that include medical, dental, and vision, and more. In addition, we have a generous 401(k) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 6%, a Roth 401(k) option, and educational assistance. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
**Amount of Travel Required:** 0%-25%
**EOE Statement:** Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job, contact: