Full Time Employee
Documentation Specialist / Technical Writer (Job Number:422745)
The Technical Writer (TA) will work in support of the U.S. Army Human Resources Command (HRC), PERSINSD. Manage documents and document repository for the Defense Information Assurance Certification Accreditation Process (DIACAP) project and project manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide Information Assurance (IA) support to include but not limited to: The development of technical documentation in support of Defense Information Assurance Certification Accreditation Process (DIACAP).
- Conducts research to prepare accreditation packets to enable Human Resources Command (HRC) to obtain systems accreditation for critical business applications.
- Identify and inform HRC management of issues that must be resolved in order to accredit Information Technology (IT) systems and applications.
- Coordinate with technical personnel to gather, compile, organize, and accurately describe in writing in correct format: systems descriptions, policies, diagrams and risk mitigation measures.
- Assist team lead in tracking progress and maintaining status of submissions by team of 2 documentation specialists working on at least 3 teams throughout the office.
- Support for the development of various system and user documentation.
- Manage document libraries and collaboration site using Microsoft SharePoint.
- Create standard operating procedure documents.
- Create weekly and monthly reports as required by customer.
- Proof read technical documents.
- General duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 0+ year’s related experience or a Master’s degree and one year of experience. Four years of additional general experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree
- Ability to communicate (verbally and written) with different functional and operational team technical representatives.
- Experience and proficiency using Microsoft Office products including Visio. Demonstrated technical writing capabilities.
- Demonstrated files and data management capabilities.
- Working knowledge of military concepts.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 18, 2016, 9:39:03 AM
Primary Location: United States-KY-FORT KNOX
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: