Full Time Employee
Help Desk Representative (Journeyman) (Job Number:422736)
Help Desk Representative opportunity located in Newport News, VA.
- This position is part of the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM)
- It supports the 24x7x365 mission support capabilities for all USSOCOM locations
- Primary duties are to conduct IT service desk activities for USSOCOM
- The position provides Tier 1 and Tier 2 support and incident response to events
- Identifying, diagnosing and troubleshooting installed hardware and software problems (secure and non-secure) in response to customer service calls.
- Setting up, configuring and installing systems to support new/existing customer personnel and LAN printers, scanners, and other components.
- Removal and replacement of failed equipment to include peripherals, system components and or software.
- Problem isolation of network connectivity, desktop hardware and or stand-alone/network installed software programs.
- Installation and testing of hardware/software upgrades to be installed on user workstations.
- Disconnect, relocate, and reconnect computer equipment as requested by the customer.
- Update site documentation/database to reflect installed/relocated equipment.
- Perform data backups, unlock accounts and accomplish basic administrator duties on customer?s server(s), etc.
- Develop, edit, and update user manuals and system documentation.
- Enter, update and close support requests using REMEDY.
- Setup and operate customr terminals.
- Interface with the local communication squadron for all network support requests requiring base support.
- Helpdesk responsibilities include, creating trouble tickets, troubleshoot connectivity issues and requesting assistance and working with the team located at Ft. Bragg and MacDill, FL.
- *Must be a United States Citizen to support this government contract, possess and maintain a current SECRET level security clearance.**
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- CompTIA Security+
- This position requires shift and weekend work
- Meet DoD 8570.01 for this position
- Self-starter and able to work independently and within a team environment.
- Knowledge of computer systems, Windows operating systems and Windows Office Products.
- Entry Level Position: Minimum of 1 Year in IT Service Desk Operations support
- Journeyman Level Position: Minimum of 3 - 5 Years in IT Service Desk Operations support
- Ability to follow procedures under stressful conditions
- Excellent English Written and Oral Communications Skills
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 19, 2016, 9:21:16 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-NEWPORT NEWS
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: