Full Time Employee
Sr. Wireless Network Engineer (Job Number:423037)
The Wireless Network Senior:
- Assumes responsibility and provides recommendations for network architecture design and implementation of network engineering projects in wireless and mobility technology.
- Provides subject matter expertise in the design, planning, assessment, and implementation of wireless network architecture.
- Provides escalation support for wireless projects, to include providing recommendations and identifying and tracking necessary corrective action to ensure optimal wireless network performance.
- Defines and assists with executing Proof of Concept, Proof of Technology, and Pilot activities in support of rationalizing and betting technologies that provide value to the Government.
- Coordinates wireless and mobility technology activities with business and IT stakeholders.
- Identifies and provides recommendations for opportunities to engage in co-innovation with strategic vendors and partners in the interest of evolving the domain of wireless technology.
- Role requires extensive interaction with individuals of all levels across the Enterprise.
- Creates and implements detailed action plans.
- Maintains compatibility and functionality within an Aruba/Cisco mixed campus wireless solution.
- Specifies migration path toward Aruba wireless architecture while maintaining both Cisco and
- Aruba solutions.
- Assists with designing and deploying next generation wireless functionality with ClearPass Policy
- Manager platform for authentication, bring your own device (BYOD) onboarding, and security roles in conjunction with controller firewall security enforcement.
- Provides support in the integration of WLAN with Mobile Device Management platform.
- Integrates AD and Campus RADIUS for multiple user database authentication.
- Possesses an understanding of PKI for 802.1X authentication.
- Assists with designing and implementing secure wireless configurations for new wireless platforms and medical devices introduced into the Enterprise that comply with Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Office of Compliance Privacy and Security requirements.
- Operations Team to provide solution to complex hardware/software problems.
- Coordinates troubleshooting efforts with vendor support engineers and the Network Operations
- Assists with designing and managing remote access solutions using Aruba secure remote access features as backup or temporary for ambulatory locations over business class Internet connections, and for use as telecommuter remote access.
- Assists with designing and deploying guest wireless Internet services for patients, visitors, students, visiting staff, and vendors.
- Provides ongoing training to Network Operations staff documentation, training session, and one-on-one consultation.
- Possesses the ability to use tools such as wireless packet captures, AirMagnet WiFi Analyzer,
- AirMagnet spectrum analyzer, and AirWave management system to aid in the troubleshooting process and problem resolution efforts.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience or a Masters and three (3) years or more experience or PhD and 0 years related experience
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Wireless or Aruba Certified
- Mobility Associate
- CCNA Routing and Switching
- DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level III certification.
Must have a Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret (TS) clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Dec 5, 2016, 3:58:44 PM
Primary Location: Kuwait
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job