Full Time Employee
Image Scientist / Phenomenologist (Job Number:423412)
SAIC is seeking a Image Scientist/Phenomenologist to join our team.
This position will provide subject matter expertise to customers in Image Science, Phenomenology Research & Experimentation, and data exploitation. This position will provide system status, product improvement recommendations, and aid in resolving anomalies. The successful applicant will work to provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex and technically challenging work. Qualified candidates must possess a TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work as an Image Scientist / Phenomenologist as part of a System Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) team
- Provide recommendations for network implementation, hardware and software definition, and evolution of data exploitation systems
- Development and application of advanced image processing algorithms to enhance data utility and develop new products
- Investigate innovative and emerging technologies to incorporate into analysis
- Refinement and development of measures of effectiveness, improvements to system environments, and creation of new procedures to support all facets of operations
- Analyze problems with algorithms, products, data collection systems and sensors and apply theoretical techniques to develop solutions or mitigation activities in the collection capability of the product
- Develop unique collection strategies to maximize utility of various phenomenology
- Conduct user outreach and research new collection techniques to solve hard problems
- Suggest methods for continued improvement of products from data collection systems and sensors
- Work with SETA sensor engineers to manage issues and improve collection capabilities
- Subject Matter Expert for customers to status health and aid in resolving anomalies
- Review sensor operations documents and procedures, requirements flow down, verification methodologies, calibration plans, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), Interface Control Documents (ICDs) and test plans to ensure program success
- Participate in operations daily meetings, working groups, engineering review boards, design reviews, test readiness reviews, operational readiness reviews
Required Education, Certifications, Skills, Expertise, Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in photogrammetry, remote sensing, imaging science and/or image processing, Master's Degree preferred
- 9+ years of related engineering experience on collection systems
- Image Science experience with multi-source sensors
- Image Quality research experience with multi-source sensor collection systems
- Experience in mission operations environment ? ops tempo, utility analysis, sensor calibrations, product quality
- Experience with MATLAB, UNIX based scripting, and/or C++ programming.
- Experience with image exploitation software such as ENVI, Remote View, Socet, etc.
- Experience with image compression algorithms
- Experience with design of multi- variable experiments and related statistical data analysis
- Experience with imaging system performance prediction modeling and metrics
- Working knowledge of standards and software for remote sensing
- Working proficiency using MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), MS Outlook, MS Project
- TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph is required
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 22, 2016, 9:26:48 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-HERNDON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: