Full Time Employee
Mine Hunter Systems Technician (Egypt) (Job Number:423419)
SAIC is currently hiring Mine Hunting Systems Technicians to support a long-term contract in Alexandria Egypt.
- Position requires candidate to directly supervise, mentor and train assigned Egyptian apprentice and journeyman personnel. This includes assigning work, evaluating performance, identifying training needs and hearing/resolving issues and conflicts.
- Provide technical assistance and training to Egyptian Navy Officers and Enlisted personnel on installed Mine Hunter Coastal (MHC) installed combat systems equipment and systems. This equipment and systems include Radar, Automatic Identification System (AIS), Global Positioning System (GPS), AN/SLQ 48 Mine Neutralization System, AN/SSQ-94 on Board Trainer, AN/SQQ-32 Towed Body Sonar System, Battle Space Awareness Management System (BAMS) and the Multi-Purpose Crane (MPC). To include troubleshooting, performing routine maintenance and repairing systems installed on two former MHC-51 class ships. Candidate will be expected to be a Subject Matter Expert on all facets of Mine Warfare systems and to assist in-country planning team with surveying, estimating and making recommendation on repair methods and procedures.
- Additional duties include, but not limited to, becoming proficient in the operation of any new equipment or systems which are added or upgraded on the MHC such as BAMS, attend training, develop training plans and conduct training to foreign navy personnel. He will assist the foreign navy personnel in combat system tasks by assisting them with On-The-Job (OJT), completing Personal Qualification Standards (PQS), and instructing and assisting them in accomplishing Preventive Maintenance System (PMS) on Combat Systems as requested.
- Position requires frequent interaction with Senior Egyptian Naval Officers, professionalism and cultural tolerance is a must for this position.
- Provide detailed and technically accurate written condition, and open and inspection reports. Use technical publications to identify and order required repair parts.
- Clearance Level Must Possess: None
- Clearance Level Must be able to Obtain: Secret
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ideal candidate will have at a minimum 5 years of experience in operation and maintenance of Mine Hunter systems and subsystems with Combat Information Center watch supervisor and Mine hunting and sweeping operations watch supervisor qualifications.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to prepare detailed written reports.
- Ability to manage, train and mentor foreign nationals.
- For assignment to Egypt, candidate must be tolerant of the foreign, predominately Islamic, environment and capable of working effectively and harmoniously with others in that environment.
- Candidate must be resourceful and able to work around problems or issues that may arise.
- Candidate must be able to work independently without support, frequently having to accomplish repairs and overhauls by himself.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- AA Degree in related discipline and six (6) years related experience; OR, High School and seven (7) years related experience with relavent certification.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jan 20, 2017, 2:11:08 PM
Primary Location: Egypt-ALX-ALEXANDRIA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: