Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
Systems Engineer (Job Number:423394)
SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Systems Engineer located in Washington DC supporting NAVSEA HQ SEA 00I. Systems Engineer will be responsible for:
- System Engineering Support services to improve customer service, system performance, and reliability for all Enterprise and C4I network/ Systems for projects
- Providing requirements planning support for Enterprise DBS/C4I Networks and systems, including the SIPRnet, NIPRNET, NMCI, NNPI and JWICS systems to include but not limited to strategic and tactical switches, storage inventory, tunnel solutions, firewall administration, VoIP/VoSIP, REM, SIPR/NIPR/JWICS accreditations, communications solutions, DISA/ISAT inspections, server maintenance, clustering, VM Ware, Active Directory management, EMC SAN management, Microsoft Systems Management, COOP facility planning and management, etc.
- Performing Local and Wide area network (LAN/WAN) architecture design, installation, and administration of operational and simulated LAN/WAN, Unclassified, Classified, and NIPRNET, NMCI, NNPI, SIPRNET, JWICS topology. The Contractor shall support operating systems that include, but are not limited to Microsoft Windows, Linux, Sun Solaris and UNIX, Administration of Windows 2008, 2012 Server OS and Active Directory.
- Assisting in the planning for new and evolving C4I systems, develop and/or evaluate plans for the migration of existing functionality to new platforms and architectures, assess performance of existing systems and make recommendations for corrections and enhancements to the CM.
- Conducting strategic planning, research/studies, and evaluations to identify resource requirements, recommended solutions, associated labor level of effort estimates, and timelines/schedules.
- Researching, analyze, recommend, and implement (once approved) new technologies, products, standards, processes, tools and techniques and provide recommendations and guidance for the design, development, implementation, integration, security and management of approved products and solutions.
- Developing logical, architectural and detailed designs based on technical specifications/requirements and engineering thresholds.
- Producing detailed system documentation including installation instructions, configurations, troubleshooting information and develop bill of materials (BOMs), monitoring specifications and engineering implementation/integration plan (EIP).
- Clearance Level Must Possess: Secret
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline.
- Three (3) or more years of related work experience.
- Experience with Local and Wide area network (LAN/WAN) architecture design, installation, and administration of operational and simulated LAN/WAN, Unclassified, Classified, and NIPRNET, NMCI, NNPI, SIPRNET, JWICS topology.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 6, 2017, 7:12:13 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: