Full Time Employee
Sr Telecommunication Engineer (Job Number:423704)
The Sr. Telecom Engineer is a highly technical position who supports multiple project teams as both a contributor and a leader. In this position the engineer will review telecommunications architecture, hardware, and system designs. The engineer will also support the review and analysis of technical telecommunications documentation such as specifications, interface documentation, and system link budgets. Test witnessing/verification and data review of telecommunications hardware and systems is included as a function of the Sr. Telecom Engineer. This position requires the engineer to interface with associate contractors, customers, and vendors as the project team?s technical representative. Technical report and white paper generation are also included as functions of this position. Regular CONUS travel to off-site locations may be required.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and eigtheen (18) years or more experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more experience; PhD or JD and 13 years or more experience
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of a BS in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Physics, or a closely related discipline.
- A minimum of 15 years working in a telecommunications related field.
- Ability to design/setup/run tab tests.
- Current hands on lab experience.
- A strong understanding of standard telecom networks and protocols.
- An ability to review and understand technical telecom documentation such as hardware specifications, system interface control documentation, and system architecture requirements including power link budgets.
- An ability to provide a technical analysis of telecom hardware and system designs.
- Knowledge of lab view and MATLAB experience.
- Specialized experience in fiber optic communications
- Hands on experience with standard telecommunications hardware and systems
- The ability to support infrequent OCONUS travel, if required, is also a plus
- MUST HAVE TS/SCI WITH POLY
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 30, 2016, 11:45:18 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-RESTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: