Full Time Employee Contractor
Financial ERP Implementation Consultant
Join a dynamic group of motivated professionals who have a passion for public service and demonstrated expertise in the foundational disciplines of ERP systems.
We are seeking flexible candidates who have established backgrounds in General Accounting and Financial ERP Systems and want to further their careers by developing expertise in other areas, such as change management and business process reengineering.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, able to adapt to changing environments, be a team player, and be able to travel throughout the US West Region. The candidate must gain proficiency in CGI?s Advantage ERP product. The General Accountant and Reporting Subject Matter Expert, Certified Public Accountant will provide an accounting perspective in support of functional and technical team members on the ERP systems integration team. The position requires interaction with the functional and technical team members to ensure efficient and effective accounting solutions are being provided to the client and that they are technically sound from a Generally Accepted Accounting Principle (GAAP) perspective and in compliance with Federal laws and regulations. The position requires regular interaction with a client base comprised of staff accountants and systems accountants subject matter experts. The interaction will involve gathering information on accounting issues, conducting analysis and recommending solutions on accounting posting models, external reporting and accounting business processes, discussing system requirements, providing recommendations on internal controls, etc.
- Perform data reconciliations.
- Apply knowledge of Financial Management Lifecycle to provide guidance on developing and updating policies and procedures that are in accordance with Federal Standards and regulations.
- Research and review documentation in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Provide technical assistance and professional advice and recommendations regarding financial reporting requirements
- Support system accountants and software functional experts with system designs and accounting models to ensure following GAAP and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Conduct analysis and provide recommendations on proper internal controls in accordance with A-123 and other laws and regulations.
- Participate in testing software by developing, executing, and analyzing results.
- Help to develop team members with regards to accounting discipline to further their understanding and its application in their work.
- Write well-constructed deliverables to convey analysis results and solution options or recommendations for client review.
- Provide recommendations on improving or existing or developing new reports or reconciliation processes aimed at improving accounting data accuracy.
- Develop business process maps, training material, quick reference guides, to support changes to financial management processes, system changes, etc.
- Communicate with clients to build and maintain relationships and communicate task status for assigned areas.
* Knowledge and experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
* Certified Public Accountant
? Demonstrated analytical and requirements gathering skills
? Ability to communicate with technical and business team members, as well as clients
? Familiarity with implementation project lifecycle processes
? Experience with creating written deliverables of high quality
? Demonstrated ability to translate the business case analysis and client requirements into design documents
Nonessential Skills Desired:
? Public Sector Government experience or Experience within a University or School District
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary depending upon specific assignment, or upon any US government security clearance if required. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI?s legal duty to furnish information.