Full Time Employee
Systems Engineer (6) (Job Number:423832)
Sr. level Provide professional technical engineering support for the new entrant certification of the Launch Enterprise Directorate. This support includes, but is not limited to:
- Ability to perform system engineering and integration services for the New Entrant Certification Team (NECT) at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station (CCAFS)
- Evaluation of and reporting on launch system engineering processes and products, including risk management, verification, configuration/change management (including Configuration Control Board support), and systems requirements management.
- Ability to check out and verify the launch site operations in accordance with the standards and requirements such as EELV Standard Interface Specification (SIS), the New Entrant's Command Media, applicable Military Standards and Industry Standards, and local requirements .
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with the Launch Service Provider (LSP) and Range Safety personnel to verify that the LSP meets system safety and range safety requirements for launch sites operations.
- Ability to coordinate and communicate with the LSP and Government personnel to analyze and verify that the LSP meets environmental and occupational health compliance (in accordance with OSHA standards) for launch site operations. Specifically, for occupational Health.
- Ability to develop the necessary reports that comply with the standards.
- Ability to coordinate and communicate with the LSP to analyze and verify launch site security and Information Assurance (lA) requirements in accordance with DOD and Industry Standards for new entrant launch vehicles.
- Configure and check out the Launch Vehicle Launch Support Center (LVLSC) to support test and operations required for Government launch site verification activities and perform facility updates, as needed.
- Integrate documented observations and/or engineering data during static fire and launch operations in support of Air Force operational mission assurance requirements.
- Perform requirements analysis for the LVLSC to ensure prime contractor meets the requirements set forth in the System Requirements Document (SRD)
- Excellent Verbal/Communication skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or mathematics field;
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Systems Engineering and launch engineering design MS in Engineering, Computer Science, or mathematics field. Higher education (MS, PhD) can be substituted for minimum years of experience requirements; technical experience in lieu of education requirements also considered.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Dec 7, 2016, 12:59:49 PM
Primary Location: United States-FL-CAPE CANAVERAL
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: