Full Time Employee Contractor
ManTech International Corporation is looking for a Configuration Manager for our client location in Rockville, MD.
• Primarily responsible for CM Planning and Management and drafts applicable formal documents and plans to guide the CM program that includes items such as: personnel, responsibilities and resources, training requirements, administrative meeting guidelines, including a definition of procedures and tools, baselining processes, configuration control and configuration-status accounting, naming conventions, conducts audits and reviews, and reviews subcontractor/vendor CM requirements
• Configuration Identification (CI): consists of setting and maintaining baselines, which define the system or subsystem architecture, components, and any developments at any point in time. Provides the basis by which changes to any part of a system are identified, documented, and later tracked through design, development, testing, and final delivery. Incrementally establishes and maintains the definitive current basis for Configuration Status Accounting (CSA) of a system and its configuration items (CIs) throughout their lifecycle (development, production, deployment, and operational support) until disposal.
• Configuration Control: includes the evaluation of all change-requests and change-proposals, and their subsequent approval or disapproval. Covers the process of controlling modifications to the system's design, hardware, firmware, software, and documentation.
• Configuration Status Accounting: includes the process of recording and reporting configuration item descriptions (e.g., hardware, software, firmware, etc.) and all departures from the baseline during design and production. In the event of suspected problems, the verification of baseline configuration and approved modifications can be quickly determined.
• Configuration Verification and Audit: performs independent reviews of hardware and software for the purpose of assessing compliance with established performance requirements, commercial and appropriate military standards, and functional, allocated, and product baselines. Configuration audits verify that the system and subsystem configuration documentation complies with the functional and physical performance characteristics before acceptance into an architectural baseline.
• Facilitates orderly management of system information and system changes for such beneficial purposes as to revise capability; improve performance, reliability, or maintainability; extend life; reduce cost; reduce risk and liability; or correct defects. The relatively minimal cost of implementing CM is returned many fold in cost avoidance. The lack of CM, or its ineffectual implementation, can be very expensive and sometimes can have such catastrophic consequences such as failure of equipment or loss of life.
• Ensures adherence to IT Service Management framework.
• Leads Engineering Review and Change Control Boards
• Establishes and maintains consistency of platforms and processes to ensure performance and functionality against operational baseline throughout lifecycles. Provides visibility and control of system performance, functional, and physical attributes. Verifies that a system performs as intended, and is identified and documented in sufficient detail to support its projected life cycle.
• Develops/maintains project schedules
• Creating and implementing new software change management procedures
• Works with technical personnel and operates as a technical IDENT SME
• Reports on the project status/risks to project’s stakeholders
• Facilitates and coordinates gate reviews with Project Sponsors; ensures necessary documents are created for the review
• Develops high-level understanding of business scenarios and transaction flows
• Closely interacts with Development Teams, Test Teams and Subject Matter Experts to stay up-to-date on issues and progress
• Helps resolve any issues, impediments team might have to meet the schedules
• Develops and maintains software configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and delivery of both internally developed software and externally purchased commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) software products.
• Performs configuration management and release engineering tasks to ensure new software product operating parameters are documented, comply with standard hardware configurations, and are logistically sustainable.
• Designs, develops, automates, and maintains productivity tools using programming, database or scripting languages to improve software modeling and development.
• Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support software product development and use.
• May develop software configuration standards
• Provide technical and administrative direction to the development and implementation of the procedures, functions, services, tools, processes, and resources required to successfully develop and support a complex system.
• Track requirements throughout the life-cycle through acceptance and operations and maintenance. As changes inevitably occur in the requirements and design, they must be approved and documented, creating an accurate record of the system status. Ideally the CM process is applied throughout the system lifecycle.
• 8-10 years of related experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field such as Information Technology
• ITIL / ITSM Experience
• Past/Proven success supporting Government client in similar role
• Service Now experience
• Capable of determining the functional relation between parts, subsystems, and systems for effectively controlling system change. Verifies that proposed changes are systematically considered to minimize adverse effects. Changes to the system are proposed, evaluated, and implemented using a standardized, systematic approach that ensures consistency, and proposed changes are evaluated in terms of their anticipated impact on the entire system. Verifies that changes are carried out as prescribed and that documentation of items and systems reflects their true configuration. Implement a complete CM program to include provisions for the storing, tracking, and updating of all system information on a component, subsystem, and system basis.
• Demonstrated ability ensuring that documentation (e.g., requirements, design, test, and acceptance documentation) for items is accurate and consistent with the actual physical design of the item. In many cases, without CM, the documentation exists but is not consistent with the item itself. For this reason, engineers, contractors, and management are frequently forced to develop documentation reflecting the actual status of the item before they can proceed with a change. This reverse engineering process is wasteful in terms of human and other resources and can be minimized or eliminated using CM.
• Ability to handle changes systematically so that a system maintains its integrity over time. CM implements the policies, procedures, techniques, and tools that manage, evaluate proposed changes, track the status of changes, and maintain an inventory of system and support documents as the system changes.
• Must be US Citizen and lived in USA 3 contiguous yrs.
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust Level 6 Clearance