Cyber Sec Analyst Principal IA Cyber (Job Number:424222)
- SAIC has an opening for a Cyber Security Analyst Principal is located in Raleigh/Durham, NC supporting TSA. The Cyber Security Analyst?s responsibilities include:
- Providing support to plan, coordinate, and implement the organization?s information security.
- Provides support for facilitating and helping agencies identify their current security infrastructure and define future programs, design and implementation of security related to IT systems
- Oversees the efforts of security staff to design, develop, engineer and implement solutions to security requirements
- Responsible for the implementation and development of the DHS TSA IT security.
- Gathers and organizes technical information about existing security products, and ongoing programs.
- Performs risk analyses which also includes risk assessment
- A working knowledge of security practices and procedures; knowledge of current security tools available; hardware/software security implementation; different communication protocols; encryption techniques/tools; familiarity with commercial products, and current Internet/EC technology.
- Provide support for monitoring events and ongoing maintenance activities
- Knowledge and understanding of management tools used to detect most anomalies within the infrastructure
- Knowledge and understanding of incident response, IDS/IPS, Endpoint systems, firewalls, sensors, routers/switches
- Provide recommendations to threat mitigation strategies
- Experience with security and network technology (UNIX/Windows/Linux OS, Cisco/Juniper Routing and Switching equipment) within a hands-on design/Implementation/Administration role.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of TCP/IP protocol implementations for all common network services in addition to demonstrated capability to perform network packet analysis and anomaly detection
- Provide Cyber Threat Analysis support
- Perform analysis and correlation of cyber threat events
- Must be able to predict trends in cyber threat activity
- Knowledge and understanding of vulnerability management, vulnerability assessment, risk analysis, security control analysis, and monitoring of security controls
- Knowledge and understanding of NIST, FIPS, FISMA, policies, procedures and guidelines
- Knowledge and understanding of NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Provides daily supervision and direction to staff.
- Must hold a secret clearance
- Minimum of Bachelor?s Degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university
- Have a minimum of seven (7) years of experience, with at least four (4) of those involving CND and Incident Response
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Excellent communications skills.
- Possess security certifications (CISSP, Security+, IAT certificatoin)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Dec 21, 2016, 5:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-NC-RALEIGH
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job