Full Time Employee
TACNET Fleet Services Engineer WC (Job Number:424290)
SAIC is seeking a TACNET Fleet Services Engineer WC in San Diego, CA
- Provide break/fix and installation IT support in a fast paced, high energy environment.
- Related systems include ISNS, CANES, CENTRIXS, and SCI along with all associated installed applications.
- The position requires some travel, less than 30%, both US and international along with some off hours support.
- This support will involve both distance and onsite support.
- Candidate will interface and direct US Navy Customers regarding the proper approach to maintaining US Navy Afloat networks and the associated network components supporting data, voice and/or audio communication activities.
- Candidates will strive to provide top notch support with a focus on prompt repairs to improve the overall uptime of networks.
- Candidate will at times be required to make suggestions with regard to potential network design changes, analyze complex network issues, plan for corrective actions, and modify existing network configurations.
- Further, the candidate may analyze and troubleshoot capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling.
- Conducts testing of network systems.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
- Work is reviewed by supervisor/lead to measure meeting objectives.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor?s Degree and 2 years of related experience or 6 years of related experience with either a HS/GED.
- Verifiable and Active DOD Secret clearance. Higher clearances accepted.
- Security+ certification
- Experience with ISNS or CANES or SCI or CENTRIXS or ADNS and all associated installed applications.
- The ability to obtain ONE of the following within 30 days of hire: CCNA, MCSA, MCSE, Linux+, VCP
- Engineering experience with Cisco switches and routers OR administration experience of Windows Sever.
- Up to 25% CONUS/OCONUS travel
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Feb 3, 2017, 8:43:45 AM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SAN DIEGO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: