Full Time Employee Contractor
Dependent on assignment, security analyst assistants provide a diverse range of adjudicative functions. The below list reflects some, but not necessarily all of the required dally activities and support.
· Reviews case files to determine what additional security processing, if any, need to be performed.
· Creates written products documenting case processing, such as Memorandum for the Record and E-mail.
· Advises the Sponsor of the need for additional security processing in order to render adjudicative decision and schedule or conduct additional processing at the direction of the Sponsor.
· Reviews the results of all security processing to gain necessary facts and data relevant to the final recommendation.
· Interviews the subject in person, by telephone, or through written correspondence to elicit clarifying information after consultation and approval of the Sponsor.
· Discusses with the Senior Case Manager (SCM), Expert Adjudicators, Adjudications Board members, Polygraph Examiners, Background Investigators, Case Processing Personnel, Manager, Office of Medical Services, Customers, and others as needed to resolve information discrepancies or gaps.
· Analyzes the information and indicate a nexus between the behavior of the subject and the ICD 704 issues sufficient to support a final recommendation.
· Provides a final written recommendation in sufficient detail to permit the Sponsor to make an informed, independent decision to grant, disapprove or revoke a security clearance or approval.
· Maintains each security file by purging duplicate copies of SF86, unofficial notes, page flags, and other extraneous materials prior to forwarding file to the SCM. Information contained on handwritten notes shall be formalized in a Memorandum for the Record and included in the file; the information is pertinent to the adjudication prior to removal of the handwritten note. This may require that the adjudicator accurately upload official document into electronic file records.
· Makes oral presentations to SCMs, Program Managers, Adjudication Boards, and/or other Senior Agency officials as required.
· Administers notification to the customer to identify and recommend codes of conduct issues for the Sponsor to address, input of closing information in the Office of Security (OS) data base or other tracking software/applications as needed and/or perform other follow-up actions resulting from the disposition of the case.
· Protects all information and data acquired during the preparation of the analysis from unauthorized release, employing the ?need to know? principle, and return all adjudicative notes to the Sponsor.
· Returns to the contractor?s point of contact cases that may give rise to an actual or potential conflict of interest, organizational or otherwise.
· Responds in a timely manner to inquire from the Sponsor on the status of pending cases or any other information pertaining to adjudicative support tasks.
· Manages case load effectively to meet the productivity standards set by the Sponsor
· Meets the adjudicative quality standards established be the Sponsor.
· Attends meetings required for all adjudicative personnel and mandatory training courses required be the Sponsor for individual with staff-like access.