Full Time Employee Contractor
As the Insider Threat Specialist you will assist in the development and implementation of an insider threat program in accordance with appropriate regulatory and policy guidance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Make recommendations relevant to the management of the insider threat program.
· Conduct liaison within DoD and the Intelligence Community pursuant to the maintenance of the insider threat program.
· Participate in insider threat hub operations in coordination with DLA.
· Gather facts and relevant data, analyze data and draw conclusions supported by facts, and develop written reports of findings based on insider threat policies and procedures.
· Develop and present required insider threat awareness training to the organization.
· Perform and oversee research of special topics that may arise coincidently to the technical assessments, and prepare structured studies and analyses as appropriate. Prepare synopses, briefings, and summaries of analyses as required.
· Assist in the coordination of Red Team Assessments of DC&MAIDLA assets, locations, and activities.
· Assist in the process of selecting and implementing security countermeasures to achieve acceptable levels of risk at an acceptable cost.
· Assist in the integration of assessment of assets, threats and vulnerabilities and assists in weighing the calculated risk against the projected cost of security.
· Utilize a structured analytical process to identify physical, information, personnel, and operational protection gaps that could provide an adversary with insights into CPI/critical information.
· Participate in the development of Program Protection Plans in conformance with OUSD (AT&L) requirements.
· Develops written and oral briefings and attends meetings as required
· Performs other security related duties as directed.
· Ensure compliance in accordance with National Industry Security Program DoD 5220.22- M.
· Must have a bachelor's degree and a minimum of 8 years of experience within U.S. Government counterintelligence (analytical and/or operational) and personnel security.
· 3 years as a subject matter expertise in analyzing insider threats against the United States, subject matter expertise as to protection of U.S. Government (DoD preferred) critical infrastructure, experience establishing collaborative relationships with elements of the intelligence community.
· Must be well-versed with legal issues as they relate to counterintelligence including applicable state and federal statutes.
· Must have 3 years of investigative experience.
· Extensive technical writing skills and communication skills.
· Requires travel (10%) within the Continental United States.
· Must possess an active TS/SCI level clearance to be considered and is subject to Counter Intelligence polygraph.