Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
Exchange System Administrator (All Shifts) (Job Number:424589)
SAIC has an opening for an Exchange System Administrator located in Washington, DC.
We have schedules for all shifts: days, swings and mids (overnight) at all levels (junior, mid, senior).
The Vanguard 2.2.1 Program has an opening for a Systems Administrator to support the Department of State (DOS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM). This program supports IRM users globally across the enterprise on a 24x7x365 basis and requires a team oriented systems administrator with a focus on problem solving, standardization, and service availability.
Systems Administrator in the EML division will perform on shift to troubleshoot, monitor, and maintain Exchange 2010/2013, Lync 2010, Live Communications Server, and various backup solutions to include Avamar, SnapProtect, and Fast Back. Additional duties may include standard change to Major Incident Management and standardized system deployments.
Description of Duties:
- Provide a timely response to incidents and service requests received in ticketing system adhering to established performance metrics/service level agreements (SLAs).
- Focus on system monitoring for sustained periods, actively mitigating threats to service availability.
- Follow SOPs and guidelines and provide inputs for improvement.
- Provide Incident resolution for systems errors related to email, instant messaging, and backup solutions.
- Complete standardized changes as scheduled.
- Manage major incidents by reporting and escalating according to documented guidelines.
- Document and report all service interruptions.
- Reply to all communications related to email, instant messaging, and backup systems errors in a timely manner.
- Resolve and document ticket escalations received from junior staff members.
- Junior Level: Bachelors degree with 2+ years experience
- Mid Level: Bachelors degree with 5+ years experience
- Senior Level: Bachelors degree with 9+ years experience
- All levels will consider additional experience in lieu of degree
- 3 ? 5 years Windows Server 2008 and Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013 experience
- Advanced literacy in Microsoft Windows Server environment
- Solid work commitment to perform on shift as scheduled.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills to escalate problems encountered.
- Experience with Remedy ticketing system.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of basic service delivery best practices and principles.
- Ability to efficiently manage outages and the corresponding incident management processes.
- Certifications for Microsoft Exchange, Lync, Avamar, or SnapProtect
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation Certification
- CompTIA Network+; or Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)
Clearance Requirement: SECRET (Active) with ability to obtain TOP SECRET clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Feb 1, 2017, 6:26:26 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job