Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
IT Ops Analyst (All Shifts) (Job Number:424590)
SAIC has an opening for an IT Ops Analyst located in Washington, DC.
We have openings for all shifts and levels: Junior, Mid-level and Senior level
Operations Center ? Analyst - reviews a support request received by phone, email, Remedy ticket from a Client's end-user or a Tier 1 organization and assesses a pending issue. The Analyst continues/expands upon the troubleshooting from Tier I which may include inspection of device OS or configurations, application code, identification and initiation of run book procedures, interviews with end-users or other Client stakeholders. The Analyst is responsible for assisting the Watch Officer in solving and documenting Severity Level (SEV 1, 2 or 3) outages.
- Perform system checks on the 24/7 Shift Log, timely and accurately.
- Ensure that all areas are filled in accurately; any incomplete checks or critical conditions must be reported to Shift leader.
- Ensure that trouble tickets notes are updated daily to reflect current status.
- Work with Watch Officer to resolve VIP and high priority tickets.
- Ensure that the Ops Center has the minimum staff members to provide adequate coverage at all times.
- Be familiar with the Escalating Procedures of all other operation centers.
- Ensure that tickets not completed during Shift are passed to the next Shift.
- Attend and complete all cross training, procedure training and any other training during Shift.
- Ensure that all Check Lists are completed accurately when assigned or when no Watch Officer is present.
- Ensure the Shift Hot Issues Report is completed accurately when assigned and sent to correct DL?s.
- Attend and complete monthly training for the Operations General Escalation Procedures and the 24/7 Shift Log.
- Report all critical alerts and tickets to Watch Officer immediately.
- Communicate (verbally and written) in a professional, respectful, and courteous manner with all customers, management, and staff members.
- Manage Remedy ticket queue, assign tickets and QA ticket updates.
- Ensure that all outages and issues are reported in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Verify successful completion of additional tasking as assigned by the Watch Officer.
- Perform any task assigned by your service line when not in engaged in Operations Center duties.
Junior Level: High School diploma and 2+ years experience.
Mid-Level: AA degree and 3+ years experience or a total of 5 years in lieu of degree.
Senior Level: AA degree and 6+ years experience or a total of 8 years experience in lieu of degree.
Knowledge of enterprise network operations and computing technologies including MS Exchange 2003, 2010, AD/Exchange integration and enterprise networks.
Formal industry certifications such as Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP ? various); CISCO CCNA or Comptia Network+; Experience with HP Open view, Remedy, MS SCOM, NETIQ or NetVCR.
Teamwork and Diversity
Ability to work effectively in a team environment and contribute towards program goals.
Willingness to exercise initiative with focus on enhancing the team effort.
Ability to take instruction gracefully and function as an aligned member of the team.
Ability to acknowledge, respect and appreciate each team member's contributions and find value in diverse cultures and perspectives.
Ability to exercise fairness in dealings without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation or political affiliation.
Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) difficult/sensitive information tactfully and in accordance with established communication security policies.
Ability to escalate issues in timing with standing operating procedures.
Ability to cordially assist and maintain professionalism in high-stress environments.
Ability to employ unbiased listening and be responsive to customer questions and requests.
Sustained focus and interest in problem solving.
Active SECRET clearance with eligibility for a TOP SECRET
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in Mclean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Feb 1, 2017, 6:38:29 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job