SAIC is looking for candidates in the College Park, MD area that are looking for an opportunity to provide technical management and support services for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and National Weather Service (NWS), Advanced Weather Interactive Processing System (AWIPS) program.
SAIC is currently seeking qualified candidates in the fields of Information Technology, Meteorology and Hydrology. The AWIPS Enterprise support requirements include operations and maintenance (O&M) services; product improvements to include hardware, software, communications and architectural support services.
AWIPS is a technologically-advanced processing, display, and telecommunications system that is the cornerstone of the United States National Weather Service's operations and Weather Nation Program.
AWIPS is a complex network of systems that ingest and integrate meteorological, hydrological, satellite, and radar data. It processes and distributes the data to Weather Forecast Offices, River Forecast Centers, and National Centers nationwide. Weather forecasters then use the data to make increasingly accurate weather, water, and climate predictions and to dispense rapid, highly reliable warnings and advisories. AWIPS is used by NWS forecasters and hydrologists 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
SAIC is interested in professionals with experience on the AWIPS program. The following positions are being recruited:
• Software Engineers (Java, Python, Eclipse RCP, JMS/QPID, Camel, Spring Framework, Thrift, JAXB, PostgreSQL, HDF5)
• Communication Engineers
• Systems Engineers
• Hardware / Software Integrators
• Hardware / Software Test Engineers (background in Meteorology or Hydrology a plus)
• Configuration Management Specialists
• Hardware Maintenance
• Operations Center / Help Desk Support
• LAN/ WAN Operations
• Satellite Operations
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Meteorology, Information Systems, Engineering, Physical Science, or related technical field of study is required.
• Knowledge and experience with NOAA and NWS
• Working knowledge and experience with AWIPS programs