Full Time Employee
Senior Oracle DBA (Relocation) (Job Number:424762)
SAIC has an opportunity available for a Senior Oracle DBA to join our team at Offutt AFB near Omaha, NE. In this role you will be part of the team responsible for the pre-install design, testing and configuration of the infrastructure to support the new STRATCOM Datacenter and Lab.
PAID RELOCATION to Omaha, NE is available.
- Responsible for installation support focusing on the design, installation, configuration, development, integration, implementation, and testing of Oracle database services in a complex environment with multiple classification enclaves and integrated with Department of Defense (DoD) Command and Control (C2) systems utilizing associated information assurance (IA) processes/procedures.
- Responsible for transforming high-level/low-level enterprise design artifacts into a working, representative test system within a lab environment, developing pass/fail criteria, performing controlled testing, capturing and analyzing results, optimizing system performance, and troubleshooting anomalies.
- Work closely with Government engineers during all stages of testing and be responsible for working with other enterprise disciplines as previously-tested component systems are later integrated into larger, enterprise-level systems of systems.
- Oracle Database Senior Administrator will be required to record, document, and deliver all related testing, installation, configuration, optimization, operations, and IA-compliance settings/configurations/processes/procedures upon completion of testing or incrementally as determined by the customer.
- Capture and document system details within architectural drawings using AutoCAD to be used during final system installation, configuration, integration, and implementation.
- Customer-facing position and may require interaction with senior customer leadership on matters concerning design, engineering, or functional areas.
- Oracle Database Senior Administrator may be responsible for the technical direction, leadership, and training of cross-functional teams and be able to prioritize participation in multiple, concurrent testing events.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Assist in the drafting of required engineering input to the Installation Design Plan (IDP) to support procurement, configuration management, and certification and accreditation of proposed systems
- Developing functional process diagrams for Oracle database services
- Provide installation support focusing on the design, implementation and maintenance of Oracle database services
- Designing, installing, provisioning, configuring, optimizing, performance tuning, integrating, and administering Oracle database solution technologies in a lab environment
- Complying with all applicable security and Information assurance (IA) policies and directives
- Developing comprehensive test cases to include testing scenarios for both normal and degraded (e.g., disaster recovery, continuity of operations, data recovery/spills, etc.) operations, pass/fail criteria, performance criteria, capacity planning, measurement criteria, results analysis procedures, and results/status reporting criteria
- Assist the SSC Pacific Government team in planning, executing and documenting development of system operational verification tests (SOVT) in accordance with SPAWAR M-4720.1, Shore Installation Process Handbook v4.0, 12 Nov 14
- Interfacing with C2 system owners during integration testing preparation and execution
- Performing requirements analysis to capture and incorporate C2 and other component system of systems testing criteria into integration testing scenarios
- Supporting and documenting the implementation of approved changes to system configurations, software, and infrastructure within the approved testing schedule
- Providing ongoing progress to leadership, system owners, and peers regarding health of the environment and status of testing
- Researching and analyzing emerging Oracle database technologies, techniques, and protocols and making recommendations
- Assisting with procurement of hardware, software, and services
- Supporting the installation of new Oracle database components, if required
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience or 13 years of related experience without the degree.
- Active DOD Secret with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance
- Oracle 11g Database Administrator Certified Associate or equivalent/higher certification for DoD 8570 network/computing environment
- IAT II Compliant: CompTIA Security+ or equivalent
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- 5 or more years of demonstrated advanced, hands-on, Oracle database (11g/12c) administration experience supporting the design, installation, configuration, development, integration, implementation, and testing of Oracle database services in a complex environment with multiple classification enclaves and integrated with DoD C2 systems utilizing associated information assurance processes/procedures
- Demonstrated advanced experience supporting and troubleshooting Oracle database, server, and hosted application issues reported through monitoring or customer submittals
- Demonstrated familiarity with Enterprise IT environments (data center, computing, storage, network, security, backup/recovery, policies and procedures)
- Demonstrated experience in the development and refinement of processes and procedures to ensure efficient, repeatable and effective monitoring and troubleshooting of Oracle database systems
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively, self-awareness, and excellent written and oral communications.
- Ability to drive efficient resolution of all incidents through analytical and structured approaches to problem solving
- Experience with ITIL methodology; specifically Incident, Request and Change management principles and tracking systems
- Experience with Operations support within an ITIL Service Operations management framework, including use of Service Now or Remedy service management tools
- Experience with IT service management best practices such as change, problem, incident, configuration and service level management.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 14, 2017, 4:52:34 PM
Primary Location: United States-NE-OFFUTT AFB
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job