Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
Telecom WAN Circuit Order/Implementation Specialist (Job Number:424825)
SAIC has an opening for a Telecom WAN Circuit Order/Implementation Specialist located in Washington, DC.
We have openings for all levels: Junior, Mid and Senior levels.
This is a Telecom position in support of the Department of State (DoS) Vanguard Program, Service Management Office (SMO), and Voice Service Line (VSL) TWD Customer Service.
Manage and track TWD TSR circuit order and disconnect requests. This includes reviewing and validating circuit order request from Network Engineers, writing quote request, submitting orders to Telecom Carriers and tracking order status. Assist with all aspects of circuit order implementation.
- Process all New, Move, and Change orders for Data and Voice services from various Telecom Carriers, such as Layer 2 METRO-E, Switched Ethernet, Layer 3 AVPN/MPLS, Ethernet Internet and ISDN PRI?s,
- Track order status and provide timely updates to customers.
- Document clear and concise notes related to order activities in the internal databases to ensure that the customers can view the most current status of an order.
- Work closely with Project Managers on large scale Enterprise deployments to meet customer?s unique requirements.
- Utilize Telco Carrier?s online portals to process orders and obtain accurate and timely service order completion notices.
- Answer customer calls for queries regarding order status activities.
- Update internal systems with circuit and service detail information for all orders.
- Provide high quality customer service and timely product delivery.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all internal customer expectations and telco vendor escalations to complete each order within the standard intervals or better.
- Responsible for the lifecycle of all telco vendor circuit orders by acting as a liaison between internal customers and telco vendors.
Junior Level: High School diploma with 2+ years experience
Mid Level: AA degree with 3+ years experience or 5 years experience in lieu of degree
Senior Level: AA degree with 8+ years experience or 10+ years experience in lieu of degree.
- Background in M-A-C (Move, Add and Change) day-to-day environment.
- Experience with telecom ordering and provisioning process.
- Knowledge of Ethernet optical and electrical WAN access hand-off types.
- Experience with use of data analysis to identify root causes to solve and mitigate issues.
- Ability to resolve complex issues.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Team collaborator.
- Proficiency with MS Office, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Feb 1, 2017, 6:45:31 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job