Systems Engineer Technical Lead (Job Number:424955)
The Technical Lead, located in the Chantilly, Virginia area, shall serve as the primary technical point of contact for Contractor support allocated to systems engineering and IT service strategy.
- The Technical Lead shall oversee the accomplishment of all contract tasks and ensure the delivery of the associated CDRLs.
- Performs Systems Engineering activities related to Information Technology or Engineering including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & op. performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA) .
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- From an information technology perspective, may be concerned with floor layout, power & cooling, data storage, infrastructure management, backup, monitoring, operating systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
- Clearance Level Must Possess: TS/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
- Clearance Level Must be able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- The Technical Lead shall have a Bachelor?s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (advanced degrees or certification in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics are desired).
- The Technical Lead shall have at least fourteen (14) years of experience that includes five (5) years of technical management on projects of similar size and scope.
- The Government desires the Technical Lead have relevant experience working with different government organizations.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Domain knowledge in the following areas: ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) Compute IT Services (Information Technology) Storage IT Services Networking IT Services Software IT Services Data Center IT Services Database Services ITE Services (Information Technology Enterprise)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Feb 2, 2017, 5:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-CHANTILLY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job