Full Time Employee Contractor
Level 3 Senior Korean Language Instructor
CGI Federal, Government Secure Solutions is seeking a instructor to teach Korean global and target language proficiency and language skills related to the needs of cryptologic military linguists. The instructor assigns and verifies homework, administers tests and quizzes and reports grades. Provides meaningful feedback to students on homework and tests. Ensures maximum use of the target language for both instruction and classroom, and manages the use of effective language strategies. Uses performance and proficiency-oriented Final Learning Objective activities and provides opportunities for students to engage in genuine communication to bridge information gaps. While teaching various types of classes, uses teaching and feedback techniques that allow for tailoring instruction to specific learner needs. Utilizes a variety of activities to maximize meaningful student language usage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1) Experience in cryptologic language teaching of the Korean language
2) Demonstrates an understanding of the Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) levels of foreign language proficiency
3) Language program development and implementation
4) Experience developing training materials through use of authentic materials to support objectives through basic level (ILR Level 0) to professional level (ILR 4) with a focus on grammar, listening, reading comprehension, speaking and writing
5) Proven experience in foreign language curriculum development, development of instructional materials, and courseware teaching in the Korean language
6) Excellent Written & Oral Communications
7) Current TS/SCI Clearance
1) Experience developing or managing intelligence products and informational reporting associated with all-source research, analysis and evaluation across the intelligence disciplines with primary focus on topics related to the Korean peninsula
2) Experience working on a staff
3) Ability to work independently
4) Expertise teaching and developing in Distributed Learning and E-learning using Blackboard, Web-based language learning and testing programs
5) Certified Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) Tester for Korean
6) Experience developing an Individual Language Training Plan (ILTP)
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change?supporting our clients? digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI?s legal duty to furnish information.