Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
Configuration Manager (Job Number:425143)
- Responsible for administration and management of configuration management processes and tools and recommending product design changes of the overall system.
- Supports the accurate documenting and tracking of all aspects of configuration items (CIs).
- Ensures configuration identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness and proper authorizations.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives. Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules.
- Establishes and recommends changes to policies which affect subordinate organization(s).
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situation or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Exercises independent judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Decisions or failure to achieve goals results in additional costs and personnel, and serious delays in overall schedules.
- Frequently interacts with customers and/or functional peer group managers. May interact with senior management. Interactions normally involve matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
- Normally receives no instructions on routine work, and general instructions on new assignments.
- May provide guidance to other personnel. May provide guidance to nonexempt personnel and train others.
- Having complete mastery of the job.
- A Public Trust L5 Security Clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor?s degree or equivalent with a minimum of 9 years experience coordinating project CM processes and activities with internal and external organizations.
- ITIL v3 2011 Foundation required , Expert preferred.
- Experience supporting Engineering, Operations and Project Management in planning, assessment, reporting and tracking activities, and in preparation of related presentations and reports.
- Experience coordinating and driving timely delivery of CM requirements and other inputs to the organizations implementing new design and CM tools for the operations team.
- Experience developing enterprise common service processes and procedures for identifying and maintaining all configuration items related to various systems life cycle projects.
- Experience performing CM responsibilities on enterprise IT service delivery and management program similar in size, scope, and complexity to the requirements of this TO
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Feb 9, 2017, 5:41:14 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Other Clearance
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job