Full Time Employee Contractor
Minimum of 15+ years of experience in the following:
· Experience with Data Center consolidation and modernization through the use of server virtualization and Cloud Computing solutions.
· Direct the planning, coordination, implementation and execution of approved policies, programs and services related to Data Center services. Serve as the IT technical project lead/task Manager and assist with systems implementation.
· Deep knowledge of Data Center Management, including design, infrastructure (hardware, software and telecommunications), maintenance and Operations.
· Oversee Operations-related projects. Lead Datacenter projects and activities to ensure they are delivered to meet the requirements.
· Oversees the day-to-day operation of NASA HQ IT infrastructure. Work with IT Operations and assist with anticipate problems, events and incident management, change management, and problem management.
· Experience with monitoring tools such as Solarwinds, and Nagios. Responding to Data center problems resulting from catastrophic events, incident response and power outages. Assist with the execution of the disaster recovery plan when a business or IT Operations disruption occurs.
· Assist with infrastructure devices hardening guidelines, policies, configuration standards and best practices for NASA network. Review policy and procedure and ensure all IT systems and services are remain in compliance with agency, policies and guidelines.
· Experience in Server Virtualization; Server Consolidation; understanding in managing Cloud Environments through the Amazon Web Services and be able to assist with moving applications, web sites and services to the Amazon Cloud environment.
· Experience with infrastructure components, including but not limited to: Microsoft Server 2008 R2 & 2012 R2, Linux and UNIX, NetApp data storage, Active Directory and GPO management and design, Virtualization (VMware), and AWS cloud services.
· Experience in managing staff to support daily operational tasks, projects/activities to ensure they are delivered on schedule and to meet the customer?s requirements. Leads and directs staff that provide IT services. Assigns work and establishes priorities. Supervises staff on performance of tasks and activities.
· Experience with change and configuration management process and ensure that modifications are consistent with infrastructure and application architecture specifications as well as security policies. Review and evaluate System Change Request and ensure the successful implementation of system changes.
· Knowledge with managing Data Center space & power utilization including understanding Data Center HVAC, Power Distribution, Data Center UPS, Cable Plant Layout, Environmental monitoring systems and commissioning/decommissioning of devices and servers in Data Center.
· Experience with inventory of Data Center devices and ensure to have spare part to support disaster recovery in case of device failure. Provide asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
· Experience with Data Center documentation including new facility diagrams, floor space, rack space, wiring diagrams, patch panels, and cable management.
· Review Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and to ensure staff follow and carry out the Operations correctly. Develop, and update documents and SOPs for production services.
· Experience in managing datacenter physical environment, security (physical/logical), and ensure NASA HQ policies are followed. Maintain & update physical access procedures for the data centers.
· Experience in preparing and managing of the KPI reports and metrics across all services within Data Center. Monitor the Data Center infrastructure, to ensure responsiveness and availability is maintained in accordance with SLAs. Monitor service area Metrics and review and validate all performance reports.
· Analyze existing Operations and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the Data Center infrastructure and IT systems. Conduct research and remain current with the latest technologies and solutions in support of procurement efforts. Researches and identifies state- of-the-art technologies that could enhance IT Operations, services, and performance of systems and components.
· Knowledge and solid understanding of industry best practices. Develop long term vision of technologies and solutions. Provide technical and technology solutions advice to Government.
· Good knowledge with ITIL process frameworks as a best practices to support services as prescribed by the Service Operation Lifecycle and Service Management and continual process improvements.
· Meeting with Government on project status and service delivery and to assist in predicting future infrastructure and application capacity needs.
· Support the acquisition of Data Center hardware, software, equipment and supplies in order to meet operational requirements. Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for devices in Data center.
· Provide IT engineering expertise for the development and delivery of upgrades, technology refresh, enhancements and replacement of IT systems and services.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Must be a US Citizen