Full Time Employee Contractor
We are seeking an Automation Test Engineer to join our rapidly growing team of professionals. The primary focus of the role is to develop, maintain, and help execute test plans and test cases for the Department of State?s command and control messaging system. The position presumes experience in testing defect fixes as well as enhancements which are likely to be applied to the web interface, the database, the system?s infrastructure, desk top client components, or mobile applications. The high profile nature of this program will challenge our team to become intimately familiar strict security requirements, 508 compliance guidelines, and ever-changing user requirements.
Duties for this position include planning, designing, developing, documenting, and executing manual and automated testing of customer applications. The ideal candidate is comfortable with being the sole tester on a high performance team with shifting priorities. The candidate also has the ability to adapt test automation frameworks to suit particular project needs. Applicant can expect to work with the business customers and IT teams, the senior systems analyst applies advanced analytical and business skills to evaluate existing and identify new or enhanced systems, products and processes which advance business objectives. This position is best suited for an applicant that can lead, manage, and execute all phases of quality assurance testing, including analysis of product requirements to produce test requirements, and development and execution of functional/system test plans in a multi-tiered environment.
· Work closely with subject matter experts and other team members to learn about State Messaging and create test plans, and cases which include design and creation of test conditions and scripts.
? Review of manual test scripts and documentation to identity candidates for automation as required; develop robust automation test library from manual test scripts, maintain and ensure continuity between TFS, MTM, and Visual Studio of tests, both automated and manual.
· Perform testing of functional requirements which will be provided by the customer and Business Analysts.
· Execute test iterations, track / report results, troubleshoot and coordinate defect resolution.
· Document, track and escalate issues using TFS.
· Write documentation to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction.
· Assist in establishing standards and procedures for program design and testing.
· Plan and institute automated Develop test methodologies and tactical test plans.
· regression test, execute performance and load test.
· Develop and execute of manual test scripts.
· Analyze functional test cases against requirements for accuracy. Make recommendations to ensure product quality and compliance.
· Provide oversight regarding all tasks related to regression and performance testing. Other responsibilities include ensuring these test cycles are completed on time.
? 5+ years experience in Software Testing and/or .NET Development
? 5+ years experience with working knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
? 2+ years experience in working with Team Foundation Server (TFS) / Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS), and Microsoft Test Manager (MTM); Proficient and capable of managing work assignments in TFS
? 2+ years experience in Coded UI Automation or .NET Development using C# language
? 1+ years experience with writing and understanding SQL queries and procedures
? Ability to read, debug, and quickly resolve issues with broken code / tests
? Excellent understanding of Object Oriented Programming design principles
? Experience in Data Driven Testing
? Experience working within a NoSQL, and relational databases
? Excellent verbal and written communication skills
? Possess a strong work ethic
? Ability to work as part of a team as well as individually
? Must be flexible, independent and self-motivated
? Experience working in a fast paced environment
? Strong understanding of Agile and Waterfall SDLC Methodologies