Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
Sr. Tier 3 Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) Engineer (Job Number:425658)
SAIC has an opening for a Sr. Tier 3 Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) Engineer located in Washington, DC.
The Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) Engineer provides technical Tier 3 support services for an extensive infrastructure that provides a global, state-of-the-art BES environment supporting thousands of users in countries around the world. The ideal candidate will have significant enterprise experience including the deployment and maintenance of BES based solutions within a large, global infrastructure framework. The successful candidate will have the demonstrated ability to manage complex tasks and will have excellent written communication and customer service skills.
Description of Duties:
- Support system re-design, enhancements and/or upgrades to existing production BES systems
- Support test and deployment of new enterprise-wide BES systems/solutions
- Test and deploy new mobile devices that meet the current and expanding needs of Department employees.
- Work with application developers to deploy Department-specific mobile applications in BES environment.
- Collaborate with Team Lead on future mobile/BES strategies and design enhancements for the mobile/BES infrastructure and enterprise architectures.
- Engage vendors for advanced troubleshooting, recommendations for system enhancements
- Provide technical input and present recommendations and solutions to decision makers including both Government and Contractor staff.
- Provide general systems engineering support with regard to the BES product set.
- Support Tier 1 and Tier 2 Operational staff to troubleshoot and resolve escalated incidents and/or service requests; perform advanced technical analysis and troubleshooting
- Document system changes and participate in change control meetings
- Update and maintain SOPs, A&A and system design/architecture documents.
- Implement secure mobile solutions that deliver email, calendar, contact information and Department-specific applications.
- B.S. Degree or equivalent in IT-related field with 9+ years expeirence. Additional experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 3 years? experience as a Tier 3 support technician for an enterprise BES solution with 5+ years? related experience and deep technical expertise with Blackberry Enterprise Server that includes BES support/operations.
- Experience managing & supporting systems, configuration management, and technology deployments across large, distributed environments.
- Technical understanding of BES core integration technologies (BlackBerry Enterprise Server 10 and 12) to include integration with Windows Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange.
- Working knowledge and/or familiarity with other Mobile Device Management (MDM) or Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions
- Solid understanding of core Windows infrastructure technologies (GPO, CIFS, and DFS) and how they affect/interact with BES within the enterprise.
- Solid understanding of networking in a Cisco environment and how the network affects/interacts with BES within the enterprise.
- Strong communication, analytical, customer service, team leadership, problem solving, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interface with vendors and clients (internal and external).
- Ability to analyze situations and formulate recommendations to higher levels.
- Ability to write technical and operational management documentation (system operating procedures and update engineering documentation, and operational run books).
- BlackBerry Certified System Administrator
- MCP Highly Desired
- ITIL, CISSP and or GIAC Certification
- MS Server 2003/2008 R2
- MS SCOM/SCCM
- Prior experience working within the Department of State IRM Bureau is a plus.
Clearance Requirement: SECRET (Active) with the ability to be granted a TOP SECRET clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Feb 28, 2017, 8:57:52 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job