Full Time Employee
Sr. Windows Engineer (Relocation) (Job Number:425669)
SAIC has an opportunity available for a Sr. Windows Engineer to join our team at Offutt AFB near Omaha, NE. In this role you will join our team designing and deploying the modern cloud environment supporting US Strategic Air Command (USSTRATCOM).
PAID RELOCATION to Omaha, NE is available.
- Responsible for providing Windows engineering support focusing on the design, installation, configuration, development, integration, implementation, and testing of Windows client/server services in a complex environment with multiple classification enclaves and integrated with Department of Defense (DoD) Command and Control (C2) systems utilizing associated information assurance (IA) processes/procedures.
- Responsible for transforming high-level/low-level enterprise design artifacts into a working, representative test system within a lab environment, developing pass/fail criteria, performing controlled testing, capturing and analyzing results, optimizing system performance, and troubleshooting anomalies.
- The Windows Engineer may be responsible for the technical direction, leadership, and training of cross-functional teams and be able to prioritize participation in multiple, concurrent testing events.
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Drafting of required engineering input to the Installation Design Plan (IDP) to support procurement, configuration management, and certification and accreditation of proposed systems
- Developing functional process diagrams for Windows client/server services
- Provide Windows engineering and installation support focusing on the design, implementation and maintenance of Windows client/server services
- Designing, installing, provisioning, configuring, optimizing, performance tuning, integrating, and administering Windows client/server solution technologies in a lab environment
- Researching and analyzing emerging Windows technologies, techniques, and protocols and making recommendation
- Supporting the installation of new Windows client/server services components, if required
- Key Technologies and Processes
- Physical and Virtual environment and tools
- Windows Client/Server architecture, deployment, configuration and management
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience OR 13 years of related experience without the degree.
- Server+, MCTS/MCSA, or MCSE or equivalent
- IAT II Compliant: CompTIA Security+ or equivalent
- Active Secret clearance with a current SSBI and be about to upgrade to a TS/SCI
- 5 or more years of demonstrated advanced, hands-on, Windows client/server engineering experience supporting the design, installation, configuration, development, integration, implementation, and testing of Windows client/server services in a complex environment with multiple classification enclaves and integrated with DoD C2 systems utilizing associated information assurance processes/procedures
- Must possess demonstrated engineering experience supporting and troubleshooting Windows client, Windows server, and hosted application issues reported through monitoring or customer submittals
- Must possess demonstrated experience in the development and refinement of processes and procedures to ensure efficient, repeatable and effective monitoring and troubleshooting of Windows client/server services
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 7, 2017, 12:44:07 PM
Primary Location: United States-NE-OFFUTT AFB
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job