Full Time Employee
(JRDC 17576) Cloud/Virtualization Lab Test Engineer (Job Number:425589)
Test and development lab engineer specializing in the management and operations of a Cloud/Virtualized environment running Windows/Linux operating systems in support of the Missile Defense Agency on the JRDC program at Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville, AL.
- Primary duties include running through a daily battle-rhythm of checks on the virtualized environment, viewing and responding to events reflected in the various management tools, server patch management, attending various meetings (team, staff, change, configuration, etc.), participating in forward thinking activities and task automation.
- This engineer?s responsibilities will also include daily reviews of systems to ensure normal maintenance functions are performing properly as well as execution of daily/weekly system health checks and system audit log reviews.
- The test and development administrator will be required to coordinate efforts with other work centers and personnel to resolve Remedy Incidents related to systems and supporting infrastructure.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Primary duty hours fall between 0700 and 1700 with shift work required to assist with after-hours maintenance activities and staffing of the IT Operations Center.
Location(s): Redstone Arsenal
- Must have an active DoD Secret Security Clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 8 years of professional experience to include VMware virtual environment administration
- Must have strong relevant experience in a large virtualized environment
- Must have a strong analytical background with accompanying troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication skills also required
- Per DoD 8570 candidates must have completed and be enrolled in Continuing Education (CE) with a Security+ certification or equivalent
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- VMware Certified Professional certification
- Experience with VMware View
- Previous work experience in an enterprise level virtualized environment
- Experience as a Windows/Linux System Administrator supporting a large Enterprise with knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Windows 2003/2008/2012 or 2012 R2, Linux/UNIX Operating Systems, Symantec Netbackup and SCCM Patch Management solutions. HP server products to include HP c-Class Blade Systems, Virtual Connect and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) are a plus
- Scripting experience w/ Microsoft Powershell and vSphere PowerCLI
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 9, 2017, 7:46:54 PM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job