District of Columbia
Engineering Test Lab Task Lead (Job Number:425511)
- This candidate provides technical support to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, complex software, or networked and/or wireless systems.
- Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
- Oversees the design, implementation, and support of the data center, including: networking, storage solutions, physical servers, virtual networking & storage devices, bare metal hypervisors, backup solutions, associated software, and management and monitoring solutions.
- Reports issues and opportunities to senior level management.
- Monitors system utilization trends and makes associated recommendations.
- Must possess an understanding of the role of Active Directory & GPOs in the infrastructure.
- Clearance Level Must Possess: Other Clearance
- Clearance Level Must be able to Obtain: Other Clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more of related experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more of related experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more of related experience.
- Experience in datacenter design, implementation, & administration
- Experience with VMware vSphere
- Must be experienced with Windows and Linux operating systems.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Any previous experience within Health and Human Services Agency
- Project Management Professional (PMP) ITIL (Foundation, Intermediate, or Expert)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- RedHat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Experience with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Familiarity / Experience with VMware vRealize product suite
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 2, 2017, 5:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Other Clearance
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job