Full Time Employee
Spacecraft Bus Systems Engineer, Principal (Job Number:425635)
SAIC is hiring a Principle Spacecraft Bus Engineer in Chantilly, VA.
SAIC requires an engineer with technical expertise in spacecraft bus development. Experience with attitude determination and control is desired.
This position spans multiple vehicle development and the successful candidate will be an integral participant in system architecture assessment, requirements development and verification, and unit design analysis of the different subsystems for the bus. Key areas of focus include systems engineering, review of contractor designs, evaluation of operating modes, and a strong understanding of related hardware and their mission implications.
Experience on GEO spacecraft is strongly desired. Candidate should also be experienced in the design & integration of satellite buses and knowledgeable of launch & flight operations of space vehicles. The following tasks are representative of those that will be accomplished at the request of the Government Program Office (GPO) Spacecraft POC.
- Support the customer in the assessment of spacecraft design performance
- Support the customer in the evaluation and monitoring of integration and test of the spacecraft bus
- Provide Spacecraft subject matter expertise for acquisition support to include proposal evaluation
- Provide expert advice concerning spacecraft development to the GPO Spacecraft POC
- Review and coordinate on all changes to specifications, ICDs and system level requirements documentation for all levels of the spacecraft bus
- Review subsystem, unit and manufacturing specifications for accuracy and ensure requirement allocation documentation is complete and accurate
- Review drawings, documents and procedures for design, manufacturing and integration, and provide comments to the contractor and/or government
- Track development issues, significant accomplishments and upcoming events and provide weekly status updates to the customer
- Support all unit, subsystem and system level design and/or milestone reviews
- Provide expert advice/analysis on spacecraft considerations for payload development changes
- Coordinate with GPO Spacecraft POC and other Program Office members of as required
- Coordinate personnel support requirements of the vehicle group to provide additional analysis support or monitoring support of key activities
- Provide support to launch and satellite on-orbit test as required by the customer
- Attend Program Office meetings at the request of the GPO Spacecraft POC
- Support the customer as required in the review of financial and earned value reports
- Provide technical evaluation of spacecraft development efforts in contractor proposals
- Support contractor milestone reviews, pre-test, pre-ship and other meetings as required
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering discipline plus 9 years of relevant experience in spacecraft control systems
- Basic understanding of satellite systems and architectures
- Experience in Spacecraft Bus and Attitude Control
- Experience in defense and intelligence community acquisition and program management processes
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, team building and problem solving skills with a demonstrated ability to be effective in a government/contractor team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated sustained superior performance
- Availability to travel domestically
- Must currently hold a TS/SCI clearance with poly
- MS degree in engineering discipline
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 6, 2017, 8:25:12 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-CHANTILLY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job