USN Surface Search Radar Electronics Technicians (Job Number:425857)
SAIC is seeking two experienced USN Navigation and Surface Radar Electronics Technician to provide U.S. Navy Combat Systems engineering and technical support and subject matter expertise to Mid Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center (MARMC) Code 285 to conduct engineering/technical evaluations, perform equipment functional checks, perform troubleshooting/test/analysis, operation, maintenance, installation, diagnose connectivity faults and equipment repair to the shipboard IFF, OE-82/120, TACAN, RADDS, and Surface Search Radars systems. Additional responsibilities include:
- Providing Onboard Maintenance Training (OBMT) to Ship's Force technicians in the operation, repair, maintenance, and logistics support of listed systems.
- Providing support for shipboard Combat Systems tasks including (GROOM), (PIA), (C5RA), (TSRA), (ICMP), (INSURV) programs and (T/A) Tech Assist events.
- Assisting Ship's Force technicians and government personnel at assigned locations to analyze and resolve malfunctions detected during equipment operation and test.
- Analyzing equipment review and inspection data to determine source of fault, and recommend repair, replacement or other corrective action.
- Suggesting equipment engineering changes toward improving quality and reliability and to facilitate installation, maintenance and repair.
- Reporting findings/discrepancies as required to the MARMC technical leads via TAAS, Maintenance Action Forms, written / electronic de-brief and/or write a Technical Assistance Visit Report (TAVR).
High School Diploma.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: A minimum of (6) years? experience in installation, testing, troubleshooting, fault isolation and repair of combat or C4I systems and equipment including a minimum of three (3) years? experience in troubleshooting and repair of the following equipment (in descending order of importance). Experience may be concurrent:
IFF Systems: AN/UPX-29, AN/UPX-36, AN/UPX-37, AN/UPX-41, AN/APX-100/118/123
OE-120 Antenna System
TACAN Systems: AN/URN-25 (TACAN) and AN/URN-32 (TACAN)
RADDS Systems: RADAR Display & Distribution System (RADDS) AN/SPQ-14/15, AN/SPA-25H (series)
Search Radars: AN/SPS-67(V) Series Radar, AN/SPS-73(V) Series Radar, Bridge Master E (BME)
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Current First Aid/CPR certification from Red Cross or other nationally recognized organization.
A valid unexpired U.S. Passport is required.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Active DOD SECRET
TRAVEL REQUIRED: Up to 10%
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of about $4.4 billion. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom (http://investors.saic.com/news-releases).
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting: Feb 27, 2018, 10:24:25 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIRGINIA BEACH
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job