Full Time Employee
Subcontracts Manager (Job Number:425888)
SAIC is seeking an aggressive and highly adaptable individual to join its Procurement Team as a Subcontract Manager (SCM). Individual must be able to work in a high paced, team environment and must be organized and detail oriented.
- Interprets and applies policies, processes, and procedures that may affect assigned Subcontracts support staff.
- Responsible for the lifecycle execution of the acquisition process in development of new business proposals and resultant subcontract agreements of moderate to high dollar value, risk, creativity and complexity.
- Has accountability for assigned programs and acts as staff expert for company practices and policies and governing customer acquisition requirements for all procurement acquisition contract activities.
- Acts as interface between program managers and other end users for procurement activities.
- Maintains a high level of customer service because this role acts as an interface between capture managers and other end users for procurement activities.
- Regularly interacts with internal customers, management (at all levels) and members of functional management with regard to acquisition requirements and issue resolution.
- Potentially involves international suppliers/subcontractors.
- Analyzes proposals for all areas of risk and compliance (cost/schedule/T&C/technical/etc.) and will be involved in supplier negotiations leading to subcontract and purchase order definitizations associated with suppliers and subcontractors of various size and capabilities within the industry.
- Understands cost/price analysis and completes analysis on complex supplier proposals and agreement.
- Ensures post award compliance on the supplier?s performance (cost, schedule, technical, SAIC policies and procedures, and all other terms and conditions) of awarded agreements.
- Responsible for leading Subcontract Administration teams assigned to programs for which the SCM is responsible including supervising, mentoring, spot audits, and providing input into performance reviews of staff.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent problem solving skills, while keeping Customer Group (CG) and corporate procurement management updated on the status of their assigned activities.
- Must be proficient in the government acquisition process with a strong knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation
- Candidate must possess a positive and proactive attitude and ability to handle multiple high visibility, critical tasks simultaneously.
- Must have excellent organization skills.
- Candidate must be extremely diligent and thorough in all work activity.
- Excellent negotiation, oral, and written communication skills are required.
- Must be able to mentor, motivate, and influence support staff of varying experience levels.
CPSR Audit requirements, Price Analysis techniques, Costpoint Purchasing System, Small Business Subcontracting Plans, Microsoft Office tools, various contract types.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor?s degree from an accredited institution preferably in Business Administration or related field and 14 years related experience OR Master?s degree from an accredited institution preferably in Business Administration or related field and 12 years related experience.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 9, 2017, 5:03:57 PM
Primary Location: United States-IN-CRANE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job