Full Time Employee
Payload Operator (Job Number:425914)
Seeking Payload Operator in Chantilly VA.
- Perform payload operator support for planning, operational, and post operational phases.
- Perform realtime remote operation of payload systems to support mission requirements.
- Verify and transmit all system commands to the operational payload; possess a thorough understanding of how specific commanding actions affect the greater mission objectives.
- Must be proficient in command and control procedures via remote links, as well as the end-to-end mission planning and execution cycle.
- Must maintain a broad and up-to-date situational awareness of current mission operations; quickly gain understanding of current mission target environments and associated dynamics; and be familiar with operational methods and infrastructure.
- Ensure dynamic opportunities are captured and result in the most effective operational results.
- Understand the capabilities and limitations of the mission system; work in close coordination with platform operators, leveraging expertise to optimize results.
- Provide support in day-to ?day activities such as action item responses and general duties as assigned.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Clearance Level Must Possess: TS/SCI with Poly
- Clearance Level Must be able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED + minimum 15 years of experience in payload opertions providing relevant support to the government. -OR- BS/BA/BE + minimum 9 years of experience in providing relevant support to the government.
- Approximately 6 years of payload operations experience with 4 years of specific sensor operations supporting an intelligence collection management mission area.
- Formal training in advanced signal analysis or processing or other associated technical field
- Proficient in command and control procedures via remote links, as well as, the end-to-end intelligence collection mission planning and execution cycle
- Ability to maintain a broad and up-to-date situational awareness of current mission operations; quickly gain understanding of current mission target environments and associated dynamics; familiar with intelligence collection methods and infrastructure
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Approximately 10 years of payload operations experience with approximately 5-7 years experience supporting a legacy intelligence collection sensor.
- Bachelors degree in a technical field with emphasis in advanced signal analysis or processing.
- Ability to quickly identify and characterize previously unidentified intelligence problems and then configure and operate the collection sensor to successfully collect against the new problems.
- Extensive knowledge of known and emerging land- based, airborne and shipborne signal emitters
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 10, 2017, 3:50:30 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-CHANTILLY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job