Finance Principal (Job Number:426016)
SAIC is seeking a Finance Principal who will have the following responsibilities:
- Develops, implements, and/or maintains one or a combination of accounting systems. Uses accounting and financial procedures in resolving problems and preparing recommendations for management based on the financial results of programs.
- Responsible for analyzing current and past budgets, preparing and justifying budget requests, and allocating funds according to spending priorities.
- Individuals in these roles analyze accounting records to determine financial resources required to implement programs and submits recommendations for budget allocations, recommend approval or disapproval of requests for funds and advise staff on cost analysis and fiscal allocations.
- Duties may also include consolidating the budget estimates of several organizational units and preparing a unitary budget itemizing production costs, for consideration and action by upper echelons of management.
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and two (2) years or more experience.
- IT Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC), IT Portfolio Management (IT PfM), or project portfolio management processes
- Problem solving skills that demonstrate a broad understanding of DoD/IC IT portfolio management and cost estimating principles.
- Design data collection strategies, Spend Plan Development, Analysis & Monitoring
- IT Project/ Program Scheduling (IMS)
- Software experience with SQL queries or similar data query experience.
- Advanced Excel user.
- Experience with predictive analytics algorithms, such as Linear Models, Decision Trees, Neural Networks, Bayesian Methods, and Ensemble Techniques.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 14, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-RESTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job