Full Time Employee
Graphic Designer II (Job Number:426048)
The DoD Agencies and Commands Customer Group, COCOM Programs Directorate of SAIC currently has a contingency full-time position for a Graphics Designer to support the United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM), Fort Meade, Maryland.
Daily activities include:
- Designs and develops graphics and illustrations for use in technical materials, manuals, and publications
- Creates, plans, designs, and prepares graphics design products, computer-generated animation, photographs, text, and abstract illustrations
- Provides advice and assistance with interpreting and applying guidelines and standards for design, graphics, composition, and techniques related to the communication of information
- Formulates concept and creates illustrations and detail from models, sketches, memory, written or verbal instructions and imagination
- Selects types, draws lettering, and lays out material
- Determines style, technique, and medium best suited to produce desired effects and conform to reproduction requirements
- Sets priorities, goals, and deadlines, and makes recommendations on how to plan and accomplish assignments that require integration and synthesis of a number of unrelated disciplines and disparate concepts
- Designs and develops substantive graphics and illustrations for use in technical materials, manuals, and publications with no guidance
- With minimal guidance, sets priorities, goals, and deadlines, and makes recommendations on how to plan and accomplish in-depth, non-routine, ambiguous assignments that require integration and synthesis of a number of unrelated disciplines and disparate concepts
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as a Graphics Designer
- Minimum of Bachelor?s Degree in Graphic Design, Art, or related discipline OR 3 years of experience and a Masters Degree.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent communications skills
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 14, 2017, 9:07:05 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job