Full Time Employee
HPC Engineer (SR588) (Job Number:426072)
HPC Engineer Description:
SAIC has an opening for a HPC Engineer position. The primary responsibility is to provide advanced technical support to highly technical users of high performance computing resources. Systems supported will be a complex environment that has both hardware, networking and software that the engineer will be required to understand, research and resolve new and unknown issues with little to no support or direction from others.
- Identifying new problems that will require new complex solutions to be developed.
- The engineer will need to work with a wide variety of teams to create these solutions and propose them to the customer.
- Engineer could be required to research new technologies and identify ways to leverage it in the existing environment to improve performance, provide new services and similar results.
- Position will require a self-starter who has initiative to identify issues on their own and then develop solutions as well as identify needed services and recommend changes including new technologies or new ways to leverage existing technologies.
- The engineer will work with all the HPC technologies such as multiprocessing, large clusters of systems, extremely large storage to name a few and be involved with all phases in the lifecycle from designing new systems to retiring old systems.
- Engineer will be required to develop complex scripts and programs to support the systems and most of them will be new ones doing things that have not been done before.
- Clearance Level Must Possess: None
- Clearance Level Must be able to Obtain: DOE Q
- Bachelor?s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years? experience doing Linux Server support focused around a highly technical environment using a variety of HPC or related technologies.
- Must be fluent in all systems aspects such as user accounts, disk quotas, finding files, patching and others and include experience with large file systems
- Experience in any of NFS, XFS, ZFS, Lustre or GPFS
- Strong bash scripting skills
- Ability to program in C
- Capability to manage/configure LDAP
- Experience with disk controller hardware such and DDN
- Experience with InfiniBand
- Strong troubleshooting experience
- Experience with RPM or other HPC installation process
- Ability to diagnose issues with vague symptoms associated with HPC ? some examples are ?job have stopped running? or ?jobs are running slow?
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience with configuration management
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q clearance.
- Can start un-cleared but must be able to start the clearance upon acceptance.
- Red Hat Linux preferred
- In depth C development experience
- PERL/Python experience
- Recent Red Hat certification
- Splunk experience
- Subnet Manager and Performance Manager on InfiniBand experience
- A recent systems administrator role and an active Q clearance are highly desirable.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 2, 2017, 12:06:36 AM
Primary Location: United States-NM-ALBUQUERQUE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: DOE Q
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job