Full Time Employee
Software Engineer ? Java EE (Job Number:425962)
Software Engineer ? Java EE Description This position requires strong Java EE design, development and deployment skills to work within a large, multi-disciplined and distributed team of business analysts, architects, software engineers and testers to design and develop Web applications. Successful candidates will have interest developing software within an agile development environment, along with an interest to learn continually evolving contemporary software development frameworks and APIs. The successful candidate will work alongside current software developers to ramp-up their domain and system knowledge; anticipated tasks include the development and integration of software modules by following agile software development principals, patterns and practices. The candidate will also be responsible for thorough documentation, unit tests, and functional tests.
Primary Job Duties:
- Implements programs integrating multiple software systems, modules and technologies.
- Develops software that is object oriented and conforms to program standards to ensure reusability and repeatability.
- Works with version management system to control the release of changes
- Works with bug tracking to resolve moderately complex issues and ensures that all bugs along with solutions are documented.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and communicate in oral and written form and to work in a team environment.
- Work in an Agile development environment including multiple iterations and prototyping of solutions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience
- Clearance Level Must Possess: None
- Clearance Level Must be able to Obtain: Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust (Moderate Risk) security clearance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated strong software design, engineering and development skills, including familiarity with modern software development practices and tools.
- Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science or relevant discipline
- Working knowledge and experience with object- oriented software analysis and design
- Experience with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) such as Eclipse.
- Experience with a continuous-integration server such as Jenkins.
- Experience with the Maven build automation tool.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with Java Middleware stacks, such as Spring.
- Experience with service-oriented architectures and web service development (REST, SOAP)
- Experience developing Single-Page Applications (SPAs) using: o Node.js (npm) o AngularJS o Browserify o Grunt o Mocha o Karma.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 2, 2017, 1:00:21 PM
Primary Location: United States-MO-KANSAS CITY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job