Class A (CDL) Commercial Truck Driver
CarMax is a growing company built on the fundamental principles of integrity and treating people with respect. And that includes taking care of our associates and our customers!
Why join our growing Fleet of Truck Drivers?
- Home daily
- Paid vacation
- Car discounts for employees and family members
- 401k with company match
- Comprehensive benefits ? Medical, Dental and Vision
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Training
Career Growth and Recognition:
- More than 190 stores nationwide and growing
- Over 24,000 CarMax associates with fantastic career opportunities
- Training Magazine?s ?Training Top 125? companies in America
- Incentive programs with potential for additional earnings, recognition, and perks!
Come see why CarMax has been named one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work ForŪ for 14 years in a row!
What to Expect?
- Safely and securely load, transport and off-load CarMax vehicles to and from CarMax locations using company-owned transportation
- Maintain close relationships with store and home office associates to ensure all transportation needs are fulfilled
- Daily equipment inspection
- Maintain appropriate documentation and use of electronic on-board recorder to maintain logs
- Depending upon experience, Senior Fleet Drivers may train new Truck Drivers and participate in roundtable meetings
- Possession of a valid state issued commercial Driver?s license, Class A (CDL) is required
- Driving record with no more than 6 penalty points, as defined in the CarMax Driver Safety Evaluation Point System (DSEPS), within the last three (3) years
- Pass a DOT certified medical exam
- Ability to lift objects that weigh as much as 50lbs
- Demonstrated ability and proficiency operating a standard 10-speed transmission
- Ability to maintain physical balance to safely enter and exit transported vehicles
- Ability to Apply pressure to winch down transported vehicles during the loading process
- Primarily working in an outdoor environment; may include working at times in noisy and/or inclement weather conditions
- Extended periods of time sitting during driving transport equipment; repeatedly climbing Up and down from transport equipment
- Flexible work Hours with shifts that may include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Follow all CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA standards including the use of Personal Protective Equipment, and proper waste disposal in required areas
- Adhere to all CarMax policies including, but not limited to: Attendance, Asset Protection, Integrity, and Standards of Professional Appearance
Save This Job
Email This Job to a Friend