Full Time Employee
Systems Engineer Sr (Job Number:426227)
System Engineer with aircraft avionics development and integration experience to work on rotary wing, fixed wing, and test equipment projects.
- The desired candidate will perform a variety of life cycle system engineering tasks relating to development and integration of avionics, sensors, communication equipment, test equipment, and weapon systems on military aircraft.
- This employee works independently while receiving assignments in the form of objectives with goals and process outlined.
- They must be able to provide written solutions to a variety of problems in an expeditious, efficient, and timely manner.
- The engineering activities may include:
- concept of operations formulation;
- requirements definition; analysis and engineering;
- system architecting;
- system analysis and design;
- validation and verification;
- system integration;
- system and operation analysis;
- coordinating and conducting engineering investigations;
- proposal development lifecycle cost analysis and estimation;
- decision analysis and resolution.
- The person supports subject matter experts in developing technical and managerial recommendations that directly affect cost, schedule, and risk.
- The job contains travel to west and east coast locations to perform engineering investigations, requirement capture and work with classified information and equipment.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- Clearance Level Must Possess: None
- Clearance Level Must be able to Obtain: Secret
- Basic knowledge of systems development lifecycle and systems engineering role throughout lifecycle;
- Possession of a Bachelor?s degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited college/university with addition of 5 years to overall experience requirement;
- Minimum 3 years system engineering experience or 6 years of general engineering experience;
- Experience in the development and testing of embedded systems, avionics, and/or automotive systems to Safety, Reliability, Electro-Magnetic Interference, and Human Interface Requirements;
- Possess basic knowledge of MIL-Standards, MIL- Specifications, RTCA, SAE, ARINIC documents;
- Able to write specifications, interface control documents, engineering plans, white papers, modification documents, test plans, test procedures;
- Perform feasibility studies, activity and functional analysis, functional allocation; requirements development, requirement allocation, requirements traceability, verification, and validation;
- Perform Engineering Investigations and Failure Analysis;
- Excellent daily interaction with supervisors and peers to exchange supply information, coordinate activities, and resolve routine problems;
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities;
- Team oriented, self-starter, with good verbal and written communication skills;
- Able to develop and give presentations, create conceptual drawings, lead and coordinate design teams;
- Embedded systems development
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 29, 2017, 2:01:11 PM
Primary Location: United States-IN-INDIANAPOLIS
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job