Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
NAVTAC II Senior Configuration Management Analyst (CMA-3) (Job Number:426455)
The SAIC Team is pursuing the opportunity to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) with modernizing the National Airspace System (NAS) to meet the needs of consistently improving safety, efficiency, capacity, security, and flexibility of navigation systems. This modernization will evolve the NAS from legacy, ground-based navigation and lighting systems to Performance Based Navigation (PBN). Both legacy and evolving systems must be maintained during the modernization transition. The SAIC Team has a long, successful record of support to the FAA, applying expertise and innovation to solve complex and dynamic problems while maintaining the US worldwide lead in aviation safety. The SAIC Team is seeking a diverse range of skillsets; management, business management, financial and budget analysis support, technical expertise in the areas of engineering navigation systems, NAS operations, Air Traffic, Management Information systems (MIS) and areas related to technical of Navigation support.
- Performance Based Navigation (PBN) Programs & Policy Group (PPPG), AJV-14, Airspace Policy & Regulations Group, AJV-11, Airspace Services Business Support Group, AJV-17 and Air Traffic Organization (ATO) Service Center (SC) Operations Support Groups (OSGs) AJV-E2, AJV-C2, and AJV-W2.
- Developing and implementing Area Navigation (RNAV), PBN Routes defined as Standard Terminal Arrival (STAR), Standard Instrument Departures (SIDs), Required Navigation Performance (RNP) and Q/T and TK routes.
- Management Information System (MIS) and office automation management support required to support the Navigation Programs and all the teams within the MIS group to ensure accurate, timely and effective use of resources, collection of data, reporting and management of information systems necessary to develop, acquire, deploy, maintain, sustain, and improve navigation products and services for the National Airspace System.
- Obstruction Evaluation (OE) review of aeronautical studies on- airport property (NRAs) involves coordination with Airport Division specialists to update runway threshold coordinates (existing and plan-on-file extensions), update runway categories (VFR to IFR), and ensure the part 77 contour maps and listed obstructions are corrected.
- Contract support would involve telephonic and/or email coordination with Airport Division specialists on issues found during NRA reviews along with providing OEG responses on NRA studies within iOEAAA program.
- FAA Ground Based Navigation and Lighting Group (GBNA) for the establishment, operation and maintenance of a NAS of air traffic control and navigation facilities supporting terminal area approach and landing operations under all weather conditions.
- Provides management and technical support to modernize, certify and document work related to the FAA?s mission including the conduct of investigative research into NAS facility and site-related problems encountered in the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the current navigation and landing systems.
- This work also includes specialized analysis, modeling and tests to determine what equipment is appropriate to meet the specified category of operation.
- Provides support to project teams in configuring and base-lining project items.
- Prepares configuration documentations and maintain Configuration Management (CM) database.
- Review and recommend improvements to existing CM processes.
- Maintain data quality, integrity and security of CM database.
- Schedule audits on CM database and assist in implementing audit recommendations.
- Develop security guidelines to avoid unauthorized damage or usage of project items.
- Work with configuration teams in development and enhancement of CM tools.
- Assist in management, maintenance and automating of CM tools. Maintain proper version controls of software deliverables.
- Oversee the delivery of software applications in test and deployment environments.
- Analyze configuration issues and propose appropriate resolutions.
- Navigation experience is preferable but not required.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
- A minimum of 7 years professional experience in engineering, operations research, computer science, or related field.
- Four years experience must be in configuration management.
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor?s degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or a related highly analytical discipline.
- A Master?s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related discipline may substitute for 2 years of experience.
- In lieu of the Bachelor degree, professional Configuration Management Certification (CMPIC CM Principles and Implementation Certification or CICM Level 3 and above) and 15 years of government configuration management related experience is acceptable
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 30, 2017, 9:51:41 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Other Clearance
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job