Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
NAVTAC II Computer Systems Analyst (CSA-1) (Job Number:426454)
The SAIC Team is pursuing the opportunity to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) with modernizing the National Airspace System (NAS) to meet the needs of consistently improving safety, efficiency, capacity, security, and flexibility of navigation systems. This modernization will evolve the NAS from legacy, ground-based navigation and lighting systems to Performance Based Navigation (PBN). Both legacy and evolving systems must be maintained during the modernization transition. The SAIC Team has a long, successful record of support to the FAA, applying expertise and innovation to solve complex and dynamic problems while maintaining the US worldwide lead in aviation safety. The SAIC Team is seeking a diverse range of skillsets; management, business management, financial and budget analysis support, technical expertise in the areas of engineering navigation systems, NAS operations, Air Traffic, Management Information systems (MIS) and areas related to technical of Navigation support.
- Performance Based Navigation (PBN) Programs & Policy Group (PPPG), AJV-14, Airspace Policy & Regulations Group, AJV-11, Airspace Services Business Support Group, AJV-17 and Air Traffic Organization (ATO) Service Center (SC) Operations Support Groups (OSGs) AJV-E2, AJV-C2, and AJV-W2.
- Developing and implementing Area Navigation (RNAV), PBN Routes defined as Standard Terminal Arrival (STAR), Standard Instrument Departures (SIDs), Required Navigation Performance (RNP) and Q/T and TK routes.
- Management Information System (MIS) and office automation management support required to support the Navigation Programs and all the teams within the MIS group to ensure accurate, timely and effective use of resources, collection of data, reporting and management of information systems necessary to develop, acquire, deploy, maintain, sustain, and improve navigation products and services for the National Airspace System.
- Obstruction Evaluation (OE) review of aeronautical studies on- airport property (NRAs) involves coordination with Airport Division specialists to update runway threshold coordinates (existing and plan-on-file extensions), update runway categories (VFR to IFR), and ensure the part 77 contour maps and listed obstructions are corrected.
- Contract support would involve telephonic and/or email coordination with Airport Division specialists on issues found during NRA reviews along with providing OEG responses on NRA studies within iOEAAA program.
- FAA Ground Based Navigation and Lighting Group (GBNA) for the establishment, operation and maintenance of a NAS of air traffic control and navigation facilities supporting terminal area approach and landing operations under all weather conditions.
- Provides management and technical support to modernize, certify and document work related to the FAA?s mission including the conduct of investigative research into NAS facility and site-related problems encountered in the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the current navigation and landing systems.
- This work also includes specialized analysis, modeling and tests to determine what equipment is appropriate to meet the specified category of operation.
- Analyzes, develops, and/or reviews computer software possessing a wide range of capabilities, including numerous engineering, business, and records management functions.
- Develops and/or oversees plans for automated data processing systems from project inception to conclusion.
- Analyzes information to be processed.
- Defines and analyzes problems and develops system requirements and program specifications, from which programmers prepare detailed flow charts, programs, and tests.
- Coordinates closely with programmers to ensure proper implementation of program and system specifications.
- Develops, in conjunction with functional users, system alternative solutions.
- Provides support for the installation, testing, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of the hardware/software to support EC/EDI functions and provides expertise in the area of EC/EDI translation software and systems.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- Minimum 1 year experience developing and managing client/server management information systems and complex networks, with specific emphasis in Windows NT, Novell networks, and UNIX workstation environments.
- In-depth knowledge of commercial hardware and software, and databases such as Visual Basic, Microsoft Access, MS SQL is required.
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Requires Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 30, 2017, 9:47:57 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Other Clearance
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job