Systems Engineer, Sr. Principal (Job Number:426430)
SAIC has a new opportunity for a Systems Engineer in Chantilly, VA to work within the Intelligence Community on complex projects crucial to our national security objectives. Qualified candidates must possess a TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph. Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contracted Systems Engineers shall be well informed on and apply modern best practices of a system's life-cycle (e.g. requirements, engineering designs, documentation, usability, integration, test, deployment, maintenance, troubleshooting, decommissioning, etc
- Identify system integrity issues and solutions for the full system life cycle from concept to disposal.
- Ensure that all appropriate technical and operational disciplines are applied to the project development process in the applicable phases.
- Ensures authorized system engineering tasks will satisfy the control gate requirements of each phase.
- Translate, mature, and map user and operational needs into system requirements.
- Provide recommendations and consultation on engineering approaches and practices (not as part of a contract competition) being considered by the Sponsor
- Document and/or store all system engineering related artifacts in a Sponsor approved repository.
- Provide support for project management artifacts
- Assess the relationship between systems engineering and the elements associated with the sponsor's systems integration, systems architectures, and systems requirements.
- Identify and communicate system engineering risks, issues, assumptions, mitigations, and dependencies.
- Support the coordination of project activities with Sponsor stakeholders in preparation of product deployment.
- Participate in product design review to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Support the development and execution of strategies and plans for system validation, verification, and integration activities
- Support the Sponsor's independent assessments during the Sponsor's project acceptance events (i.e. factory acceptance test/reviews)
- Review hardware and software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, completeness, and appropriate risk management.
- Provide technical support during hardware and software installation or configuration to include end user training as needed.
- Provide technical support to systems preparing for deployment, as well as, actively deployed systems.
- Support management in the identification, deployment and maintenance of applications, equipment, tools, or systems to ensure proper functionality.
- Conduct engineering trade studies to asses multiple engineering approaches being proposed to meet system objectives (not as part of a contract competition).
- The Contractor shall monitor compliance with and make recommendations to system architectures and system integration practices that affect the Sponsor's product lines.
- The Contractor shall collaborate with Sponsor stakeholders to identify and seek to resolve systems engineering gaps, especially as it concerns end-to-end product compatibility.
- Support strategic initiatives for the Sponsor and/or the Intelligence Community (IC) to meet present and future mission needs. The scope of strategic initiatives may include the coordination of design, development, analysis, and deployment of equipment, projects, technologies, or operations for the use of collection capabilities, or solutions.
- Promotes system engineering principles and best practices that are appropriate for the Sponsor's environment.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
- Clearance Level Required: TS/SCI with Poly
- Clearance Level To Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree with 14+ years of related systems engineering experience
- Knowledgeable about the intelligence community agencies.
- Following Attributes/Experience:
- Analyzing Information
- Critical thinking
- Problem Solving
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 30, 2017, 10:00:00 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-CHANTILLY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job