Full Time Employee
Sr. Windows Administrator (Relocaton) (Job Number:426502)
SAIC has an opening for a Sr. Windows Administrator located at Offutt AFB near Omaha, NE.
PAID RELOCATION to Omaha, NE is available.
- Responsible for providing Windows administration support focusing on the design, installation, configuration, development, integration, implementation, and testing of Windows client/server services in a complex environment with multiple classification enclaves and integrated with Department of Defense (DoD) Command and Control (C2) systems utilizing associated information assurance (IA) processes/procedures.
- Responsible for transforming high-level/low-level enterprise design artifacts into a working, representative test system within a lab environment, developing pass/fail criteria, performing controlled testing, capturing and analyzing results, optimizing system performance, and troubleshooting anomalies.
- Work closely with Government engineers during all stages of testing and be responsible for working with other enterprise disciplines as previously-tested component systems are later integrated into larger, enterprise-level systems of systems.
- Will be required to record, document, and deliver all related testing, installation, configuration, optimization, operations, and IA-compliance settings/configurations/processes/procedures upon completion of testing or incrementally as determined by the customer.
- Capture and document system details within architectural drawings using AutoCAD to be used during final system installation, configuration, integration, and implementation.
- This is potentially a customer-facing position and may require interaction with senior customer leadership on matters concerning design, engineering, or functional areas.
- May be responsible for the technical direction, leadership, and training of cross-functional teams and be able to prioritize participation in multiple, concurrent testing events.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Assist in the drafting of required engineering input to the Installation Design Plan (IDP) to support procurement, configuration management, and certification and accreditation of proposed systems
- Developing functional process diagrams for Windows client/server services
- Provide Windows administration support focusing on the design, implementation and maintenance of Windows client/server services
- Designing, installing, provisioning, configuring, optimizing, performance tuning, integrating, and administering Windows client/server solution technologies in a lab environment
- Complying with all applicable security and Information assurance (IA) policies and directives
- Developing comprehensive test cases to include testing scenarios for both normal and degraded (e.g., disaster recovery, continuity of operations, data recovery/spills, etc.) operations, pass/fail criteria, performance criteria, capacity planning, measurement criteria, results analysis procedures, and results/status reporting criteria
- Assist the SSC Pacific Government team in planning, executing and documenting development of system operational verification tests (SOVT) in accordance with SPAWAR M-4720.1, Shore Installation Process Handbook v4.0, 12 Nov 14
- Interfacing with C2 system owners during integration testing preparation and execution
- Performing requirements analysis to capture and incorporate C2 and other component system of systems testing criteria into integration testing scenarios
- Supporting and documenting the implementation of approved changes to system configurations, software, and infrastructure within the approved testing schedule
- Providing ongoing progress to leadership, system owners, and peers regarding health of the environment and status of testing
- Researching and analyzing emerging Windows technologies, techniques, and protocols and making recommendations
- Assisting with procurement of hardware, software, and services
- Supporting the installation of new Windows client/server services components, if required
- Bachelors and 5 years of experience or 9 years of related experience without the degree.
- Must possess a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)/Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or equivalent
- Must possess a Windows OS certification
- IAT II Complaint: CompTIA Security+ or equivalent
- Active Top Secret clearance with a current SSBI and be SCI-eligible OR be able to obtain
- 5 or more years of demonstrated advanced, hands-on, Windows client/server administration experience supporting the design, installation, configuration, development, integration, implementation, and testing of Windows client/server services in a complex environment with multiple classification enclaves and integrated with DoD C2 systems utilizing associated information assurance processes/procedures
- Must possess demonstrated advanced experience supporting and troubleshooting Windows client, Windows server, and hosted application issues reported through monitoring or customer submittals
- Must possess demonstrated familiarity with Enterprise IT environments (data center, computing, storage, network, security, backup/recovery, policies and procedures)
- Must possess demonstrated experience in the development and refinement of processes and procedures to ensure efficient, repeatable and effective monitoring and troubleshooting of Windows client/server services
- Must possess advanced interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively, self-awareness, and excellent written and oral communications.
- Must demonstrate the ability to drive efficient resolution of all incidents through analytical and structured approaches to problem solving
- Should possess demonstrated experience with ITIL methodology; specifically Incident, Request and Change management principles and tracking systems
- Should possess demonstrated experience with Operations support within an ITIL Service Operations management framework, including use of Service Now or Remedy service management tools
- Should possess demonstrated experience with IT service management best practices such as change, problem, incident, configuration and service level management
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 7, 2017, 12:43:20 PM
Primary Location: United States-NE-OFFUTT AFB
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job