U.S. Navy CDLMS (Common Data Link Management System) Technician (Job Number:426705)
SAIC is currently seeking a U.S. Navy CDLMS (Common Data Link Management System) Technician to support a contract with the MARMC Mid Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center at the Naval Station Norfolk, VA, aboard various Navy Ships, INCONUS/OCONUS Areas as Required.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
Position Description: The successful applicant will provide technical services for Mid-Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center (MARMC), Section 291. The position will:
- Conduct specified engineering/technical evaluations, perform equipment functional checks, perform troubleshooting/test/analysis and equipment repair to correct Data Links maintenance, installation, and connectivity faults.
- Provide Onboard Maintenance Training (OBMT) to Ship's Force technicians in the operation, repair, maintenance, and logistics support of Data Links: Common Data Link Management System (CDLMS) AN/UYQ-86(V)2, the Multi-Link Interface Unit (MLIU), Command and Control Processor (C2P), Joint Range Extension Applications Protocol ("JREAP") circuits, and MK-162 MODs 1-3. Ship?s Gridlock System .
- Perform/provide support during shipboard Combat Systems tasks including Pier Side Refurbishments, C5RA, CSPAT, ICMP, TSRA, BMDRA, INSURV programs and Tech Assist events.
- Assist Ship's Force technicians and government personnel at assigned locations to analyze and resolve malfunctions detected during equipment operation and test.
- Analyze equipment review and inspection data to determine source of fault, and recommend repair, replacement or other corrective action.
- Suggest equipment engineering changes toward improving quality and reliability and to facilitate installation, maintenance and repair.
- Develop reports, findings and discrepancies MARMC technical leadership, via 2-kilo, Prisms/ETC Software, written and oral de-briefs or a written Technical Assistance Visit Report (TAVR).
High School Diploma
Required Experience: Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of Data Links operation including a minimum of two (2) years? experience within the last six (6) years in troubleshooting and repair of the equipment and work within the scope of the systems described in the Position Description above.
- Possess a current First Aid/CPR certification from a nationally recognized institution.
- Possess an unexpired U.S. Passport.
Security Clearance Required: Must possess and actitve DoD Secret clearance and be able to maintain it.
Travel Required: Up to 25%.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Apr 11, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-NORFOLK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job